Chapter 12 - Draco's task

Draco’s POV

Its late at night and I’m alone in the Slytherin common room. I had written to my mother just under a month ago and have been waiting for a reply. 

Mother, 

I have a question to ask you. There’s a new student here this year, a Gryffindor named Jesinta Hartley. She is a transfer from Revel Bay Academy Australia, I found this odd because I was pretty sure that school only allowed Purebloods, which I always admired. 

However a recent stint I had with her implied that she was in fact a mudblood. Or maybe a bloodtraiter. I'm not sure she didn't actually specify. I think she's hiding something. I couldn't find anything on Revel Bay Academy in the Library and was hoping you could tell me what you know about the school?

Hope you are well. 

Draco. 

My arm starts to hurt and I pull up my sleeve to relieve the burning sensation. I stare at the tattoo on my forearm, its a snake coming out of a skull... its 'his' mark, the dark mark. I recently became a death eater, meaning one of Voldemort's 'loyal' followers. Its meant to be an honour but all I see it as is a burden.

I didn’t want to become a Death Eater, I had to. 

Some followers like my Aunt Bellatrix are completely loyal to Voldemort because they want to be, others like me are propelled by fear. 

Not only the fear of what Voldermort would do to me, but the fear of what he might to do to my family as well.

My father is in Azkaban, caught last year during a battle at the Ministry over a damn prophecy.  This leaves my Mother alone and vulnerable. I had to do this to please the Dark Lord, to bring honour back to my family and to protect my mother. 

I’ve learnt to embrace the position I’ve been put in though. If the Dark Lord does come back to power (which I assume he almost certainly will) I will be on the safe side. I will be a member of his alliance and rewarded for my loyalties. 

I had received a letter from her this morning via the owl post and have been waiting for a quiet moment to myself to read it.

Dearest Draco, 

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner I've been rather busy attending to matters of the Dark Lord since your father was put away. 

I asked around and found something quite interesting about the Hartley’s. They were in fact a very wealthy Pureblood family.  Lincoln Hartley was the leader of a group called The Malevolent’s and he took over the wizarding community of Australia. 

He murdered mudbloods and bloodtraitors in hopes of a pure community, until his unfortunate demise last year. 

That’s odd that she would end up in Gryffindor though, I would think for sure she would be a better fit for Slytherin. After all she did comply with her father and aided the murder and torture of many wizards. 

Jess, aiding death and torture? How could that even be? I think over it for a while and the more I let it sink in the more it makes sense. She would never talk about her past so its obvious she was hiding something.

The Dark Lord now has another task for you. I hope this isn't too much pressure for you but I'm sure you will have no trouble with this one. 

It seems that the Death Eaters I asked about the Hartley family have gone to The Dark Lord with the information that Jesinta is at Hogwarts and further more she is a Gryffindor. 

Her being a Gryffindor is actually an asset to the Dark Lord. He see's her as a ticket to get to Potter. He wants you to become close with her so you can bring her over to our side. It shouldn't be too hard considering her past. 

How is your original task for the Dark Lord coming along? Don't forget you have Severus there at Hogwarts with you if you need guidance. 

Love, your Mother xoxo

I take out some blank parchment and begin writing my reply. 

Mother, 

Jesinta hasn't spoken to me in a month, I'm pretty sure she hates me. I'll try to make a mends though and I'll let you know of my progress. 

Draco. 

What did you guys think of going further into Draco's side of the story? 

Comment! Vote! Follow! :)