Chapter 3 - Harry

I look over the Great Hall to see Ginny and Hermione sitting with Harry & Ron. I walk over and am greeted with warm smiles. Harry stood as I sat down, I guess being a gentleman. 

"So you found your way back alright?" Hermione asks. 

"Sort of, I got a little lost. But Draco helped me so it was fine." I reply.

Everyone flinched and awkwardly looked around at the mention of his name. 

"Jesinta, Draco Malfoy isn't the sort you want yourself to get mixed up with." Hermione informs me seriously. 

"Oh I can tell! He’s one of the most arrogant, self centred guys I've met." I stare over at him sitting with his friends, "So full of himself." I add. Harry seemed to relax at my description of Draco. 

"You're spot on." Says Ron through a mouthful of food. 

Ginny turns her attention to Harry, "So Harry when are you holding Quidditch tryouts?" She gazes across the table at him. I knew that look, she liked him. 

Hermione whispered informing me that Harry is the team captain.

"It's been scheduled for this weekend actually. Ron here is going to try out." Harry smiles. 

"We'll come cheer you on Ron." Hermione says. 

After I finished eating I went off to my first class. Potions, taught by Professor Slughorn. I enter the classroom and immediately Draco’s white blonde hair catches my eye. So he's a Slytherin and he's in this class, great. 

Luckily Ron was with me so I had someone to sit with.

I managed to get through my first day of classes and looked forward to exploring the castle. 

Hermione was busy studying so Harry took me around the castle, explaining to me where everything was. The Astronomy tower, the duelling club, dungeons, library, moaning myrtles bathroom and more. No way I could remember all this. 

"You know what I like about you?" Harry turns to me.

"My ability to get lost even after a tour?" I joke. 

"No," Harry smiles, "I like that your the first person not to gasp at the sight of my scar." 

I turn to face him now as he goes on.

"There’s a lot you don’t know about me yet, and its nice to have someone to start fresh with."

"I know what you mean." I say.

"Its just... so much has happened since I started at Hogwarts. Its all everyone wants to talk about with me." Harry says looking far into the distance. 

"You don’t have to explain anything to me Harry." I touch his arm. "I know what its like when people have preconceived notions of you"  

Then I see him, Draco. He's watching me talk to Harry. He looks away just as we make eye contact. 

I turn away from him and get Harry to show me what’s in the opposite direction. I wasn't in the mood to talk to Draco, this mornings encounter was more than enough.