Chapter 14 - Flying High

He pushes us off the ground. I’m glad his arms are tightly around me, it makes me feel nervous, yet somehow relaxed at the same time. 

"How are you doing so far?" he talks over the back of my shoulder. 

"Slightly liberated, completely terrified." I reply as we rise even higher. 

"Wuss." He laughs at me. 

"Hey! I'm usually not scared of anything. I did get into Gryffindor after all." 

"Urgh, don’t remind me." He says. 

"Gryffindors are known for their bravery." 

"Well Slytherins are determined and powerful." With that he ups our speed and I feel like I can barely breath. 

"Too fast Draco!" 

He slows us down, "What? Brave Gryffindor cant handle it hey?" 

I look over my shoulder to glare at him. 

"Alright alright, we'll only go as fast as you want." 

He decides to take us out of the Quidditch Pitch and fly’s us around the outskirts of the Hogwarts grounds. It was absolutely stunning! I’d never seen it like this before and having Draco be the one to show me was truly surprising.

 I find Draco odd. How can a guy with a reputation like his actually turn out to be kind of sweet.

I glance over my shoulder at him. "How come you don't mind being around me?"

"What do you mean?" 

"Well I may be new here this year but I'm not an idiot, I know its not normal for Gryffindors and Slytherins to be friends. So how come we are?" 

"Friends? You wish." 

"Draco!" I say turning my head to look away from him. 

He leans in closer to me, places his chin on my shoulder and tilts to look at me. 

"You don't seem like a Gryffindor to me. Sometimes I even forget." 

"But I am one." I slightly look at him. 

"And believe me I wish you weren't, but I admit I do like being around you." 

"Well, I suppose your company’s not so bad either." I smirk. 

"Not so bad? I think you like it a little more than that." He teases. 

"Nope." I retort smiling. 

"You know I still think you want me." He says behind my ear. 

I feel myself blushing, "That'll never happen." I try to look serious but have to hold back a smile. 

We spent the afternoon flying around together, until eventually I attempted to go solo. 

"You are the worst flyer!" Draco laughs at me as I stop and start through the air. "Seriously I've never seen someone so bad at this." he pulls his brooms up next to mine. 

"We can't all be as naturally talented as you are Draco." 

"Your right, I'm am the best seeker at Hogwarts." he says. 

"The best?" 

"What you don't believe me?" 

"Harry could beat you." I say. 

He raises his eyebrows, “You’re kidding right?" 

I shrug. He looks baffled.

"The Quidditch season starts next month, Slytherin vs Gryffindor is first. You'll be watching right?" 

"Of course." I reply. 

"Well I can prove to you then that I'm better than Potter." He smiles smugly. 

"You think you'll win?" 

"I know I will. Like I said earlier, I'm determined. I do what I have to, to get what I want." His eyes narrowed in on mine, a sexy smile playing across his face, "And I know what I want Jess."