Chapter 24 - Quidditch

I spent the next week just going through the motions, sleep, eat, class, study, repeat. I didn't get much time with Harry because he was so busy with the whole lead up to the Quidditch game on Saturday. It felt like I'd barely seen him actually. 

"Human Transfiguration can be used to essentially replicate the natural abilities of Metamorphmagi, allowing the practitioner to take on an entirely different form." McGonagall explains.  

Just a few more minutes until the end of Transfiguration class. 

"This can only be performed by highly skilled wizards. A Metamorphmagus however is born with the ability to make such changes to their own bodies with little to no effort and without the use of a wand.” She continues. 

I like this class, I'm one of the tops students now. I'd got off to a rough start with McGonagall and the whole flask incident. But I think she blames it mostly on Draco. He's known to be a bit of a bad influence. 

Class ends and I take off through the corridors towards the Great Hall. I'm meeting up with Hermione and some other Gryffindors to make signs for tomorrows game. 

I walk in to see splashes of glitter sprouting out the ends of everyone's wands. I find a place next to Hermione and start conjuring my own crafts. 

"So what’s you're sign going to say?" Hermione asks. 

"Oh you know, I thought I'd just keep it simple with a 'Go Harry' or something." 

"Put a heart around his name." She suggests. 

"Don't you think that's a bit tacky?" I've never been one for lovesick exhibitions like that. 

"Trust me Harry will like it better that way." 

I wasn't so sure but went with it, couldn't hurt right. 

By the time I was done with it, it was a big shiny, shimmering display of affection. I hated it. But as long as it would make Harry happy seeing it from the field it would do the job. 

*         *         * 

The next day we make our way to the Quidditch pitch and take our seats in the stands. I sit beside Neville and Luna, with Hermione and Ron behind us. Luna and I had got to know each other yesterday while making signs. She is a Ravenclaw and of course is cheering for Gryffindor. She’s quirky and original, I like that about her. 

Draco’s POV 

Fellow Slytherins erupted into cheers and applause as we stepped out onto the field. 

I walked to the centre meeting Potter. As always Madam Hooch makes us shake hands before the game could begin. 

Reluctantly I meet Potter’s shake with a firm grasp hoping to injure his hand. 

“Watch out Potter.” I growl. 

I take my position, the whistle blows and the game had begins.. 

I zoomed around on my broomstick looking for the Golden Snitch. I'm the best flyer on the team of course. Actually the best flyer in Hogwarts I would say. 

Without meaning to I spot Jess in the crowd. I roll my eyes, she was cheering for Gryffindor of course. She’s  holding a disgustingly glittery mess of a sign that says ‘Go Harry’ in a heart. It makes me want to pull over so I can puke. 

I see the snitch! Following close behind it I almost have it. But I'm distracted as Jess stands up and starts cheering for Potter.  A pang of jealously stings me. The snitch was now out of sight. Urgh. That was stupid, I can't let her get to me. 

I fly up above the game to get a better look for the snitch. No sign of it. 

Potter, the Gryffindor seeker flies past me with a purpose and I follow immediately. No way would I let him win this game. I catch up with him and bash into his side; he veers off in the wrong direction. I keep my eyes on the snitch and weave around the field. A Bludger is hit my way and I duck just in time, close call. But the snitch was gone.

I look back over to Jess. She's watching me now, Potter doesn’t even realise. I'm almost sure she's thinking about me. I grin at that thought. 

Jesinta's POV 

It's been ages since I’ve properly spoken to Draco. We haven’t got along lately, not now that I’m dating Harry. 

Is it weird I almost miss being around him? 

No, I couldn't possibly!

I look over at him as he's almost hit by a bludger and find myself relieved when it misses him. He was quite handsome really, sexy even in his Quidditch uniform. 

He catches me staring and grins smugly. I quickly glance away and suppress any attraction I may have just had to him. He's rude, egotistical and a wizard snob. He proved that the night in Great Hall and yet I still find myself thinking of him.

I look back over to Harry, he's the one I should be watching. 

He zooms around the field and I can tell he's spotted the snitch! He fly's up above the rest of the players and reaches out his arm. 

He's done it! Harry has caught the snitch and won the game!