Nine ~ Disappearing Act

A sample picture of what Agnus looked like.

"Wake up sleeping beauty." Venus stirred at the smoky voice in a teasing demeanour.

"Belle, are you there? The beast in my belly is hungry." Vee finally perceived Daphne's playful talking as her senses woke up as the siren chuckled at her own joke. Daphne may not be from the Human Realm, but she wasn't ignorant of their ways. Actually, not just her. Most of the magical beings loved wandering around humans. Their different cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles were intriguing and entertaining.

Stifling a yawn, Vee stretched her arms. Her eyelids still drooped sleepily when she mumbled, "Hmnn, what time is it?"

Daphne stood from her bedside after she was sure that her roommate was awake. "It's quarter to seven. You slept like a baby. I felt bad for waking you up earlier."

Vee's sleepy dark blue eyes went round as her pupils dilated into a lavender hue from surprise and the sudden onslaught of light. She sprinted towards the bathroom, sending her comforter to the floor. "Goodness! We're gonna be late, I haven't had a shower yet."

"No, you don't! Shower after dinner. Besides, you don't smell bad. Here, use my perfume if it bothers you that much." Daphne giggled, throwing a bottle of perfume in her direction. Luckily, she was able to catch it after diving for it a few heart-stopping seconds away from it hitting the floor. She may have a good eyesight but sad to say her body coordination was a different story.

Getting up, Venus beamed at Daphne, flashing her a megawatt smile. "Thanks! Let me just wash my face, brush my teeth and hair, then we're good to go." She babbled faster than a bullet train, entering the bathroom leaving the door wide open.

"Alrighty! I will be outside waiting with the servant. And oh, Agnus and Rufus already left ahead of us," chuckling, she yelled after her.

Venus gasped and took a minute to drink in the luxurious bathroom in front of her. It was painted the same as their walk-in closet—magenta walls with gold edges. What really made her tongue-tied was the mere size of it. It was half the size of the closet but it was still huge. Adjacent to the door were beige built-in cabinets with a wide mirror and gold sink in the middle. Same with the arrangements outside, both sides had red cups with toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste in it. She supposed the left side was hers since the cup had letter V embossed on it while the other one had the letter D. Her eyes travelled to the far right and found the toilet encased in glass partitions and to the far left was a large golden bathtub and shower. She mentally noted to try the heavenly treat as soon as possible. Shaking her head, she exhaled a long breath and jumped into action. It only took her five minutes to finish and rush outside.

"Thanks for waiting for me. I'm really sorry you will be late as well because of me," she apologized to Daphne, giving a nod of greeting to the servant beside her together with an apologetic smile.