Chapter 28 Training Days

The next days went like a blur for Venus. She kept on reminiscing that sweet moment she had with Aldrik. Master Ronheild left them alone that day after breakfast and told Aldrik to bring her back to the academy in time for her first day of training in which he happily obliged. They shared another sweet kiss by her door before he left to meet his father. She never mind the fact that they never talked of their current relationship status though now she doubt if there really was a score between them. Aldrik never showed himself again after that day.

Venus was waiting for the arrival of Queen Mystyq that day, her first day of training from her after her classes. She dreaded the time she had to go to class. She was the only one without knowledge in anything. She needed to find a library ASAP!

"D, is there any library here somewhere where I can find usefull books regarding our classes?" They were on their way towards fire training. Their first class in which she sucked badly, why? She couldn't even make her fire come out again. Ever heard of a fire wielder whose fire phobic? Yes! That was her!

"Yes, there's a learning chamber in the west wing, we'll go there after classes, you want?" D offered to her.

"Is lunch break, okay? Just to show me where it is. I have training with queen Mystyq after classes." Vee suggested bashfully. She didn't want to impose on her.

"Oh, right! I forgot about that. No problem, Vee!" D chirped smiling and humming to herself.

"Someone's happy today." Rufus commented raising his eyebrow to D.

"None of your business," she smirked at him. And so their bantering continued until they reached their training chamber.

Venus spotted Marcus immediately at the far end looking sleepy and Agnus practicing his fire at the middle, he went ahead of them this morning to train earlier and well Marcus don't walk with them at all. He still haven't spoken to Venus until now. She caught him several times staring at her when he thought she was not looking his way. Venus really want to be friends with him again. Her guilt was eating her, she should settle the score between them the earliest possible.

Venus looked around their training chamber. It was practically empty except for few target marks at the far end where Marcus was seated. She was thankful that they were trained separately which saved her from embarrassment for her failed fire wielding.

"Good morning! Alright let us start our class. Form a vertical line facing me and start producing fire on your palms." Master Ronheild came clapping his hands as he instructed.

"Venus dear.. Relax, take a deep breath and close your eyes. Call for your fire, this time really mean it. Don't be afraid dear. This chamber is fire proof and made especially for this training. If your fire gets out of hand the chamber will suck it out..." He stood in front of her cooing.

"P-promise?! I will not hurt anyone?" Venus murmured.

"Trust me dear besides Marcus is here, he can make you sleep in a blink. Marcus come here lad, stay beside her to comfort her." Master Ronheild winked at her as he called for Marcus.

Marcus hesitantly approached them. With one more nod from Master Ronheild, Venus opened her palm and closed her eyes beckoning for her fire to come.

"There... it's not that hard right?" Master Ronheild said after few minutes.

Venus opened her eyes and was greeted by a yellow fire the size of a marble. She gasped... Finally! After a couple of weeks !

"How I produced the blue fire before then?" She asked not averting her eyes from the fire on her palm. This was her first success in producing fire since classes started while her group can already increase their fire to a size of basketball... Better late than sorry! She mused to herself.