Chapter 46 Blood Control

Venus and Marcus walked back inside her old chamber holding hands. They were surprised to see that master Ronheild, mistress Vulca, master Balto and queen Mystyq were all there waiting for them together with Rufus and Agnus. A flush crept up of Venus' face, embarrassed by the thought that they knew exactly what she just went through. Marcus gave her cold, shaking hand a soft squeeze for comfort.

"I see, it was done." Master Roheild low voice said more of convincing himself rather than meaning the actual words. He felt dishearted by the sudden change of events but he had no power to stop it, not even for his beloved son. He only hoped that Aldrik would take this as calmly as he had. Looking at her marked neck, which was shown from her messy bun, made him want to walked out of the door but he couldn't possibly hate Venus. All she did was not for her own sake. Poor child, had too little to own but too much to give...

Venus hand went up to touch her swollen bite mark, feeling uneasy of the silence that followed after her master's words. His steady veiled gaze at her way gave her uneasiness, knots inside her stomach. It caused something to twinge in Venus chest---a fleeting sharp pain she deliberately ignored. This was one of the times that she really wanted to see his face, his true emotions but she held her tongue as he gestured for them to the two sleeping forms direction.

"We came from master Favian's burial rites. I thought you might want to know since you have that surprised looks on your faces that we are all here. Master Xerxis, on the other hand, is preparing for your next quest." Mistress Vulca's soft voice broke the awkward moment, she was seated on Daphne's left bedside, stroking her red hair lovingly.

"And before you complain why you were not informed, well, we decided it was for your own good." Master Balto supplied, standing up from Venus old bed and walked towards master Ronheild beside the bed of Daphne.

Queen Mystyq approached Venus, gave her a warm hug of relief stating, "Welcome back, sweetheart. I'm so happy to see that you're back to your old self. You had me worried for awhile. Come, we need to wake them up to proceed to the next step. Time is of great essence," she escorted Venus to the foot of the bed, giving her a kind and encouraging smile. Marcus was left behind beside the door.

Venus looked around all of them, bobbed her head up and down like an obedient child. "I... Um... I need Marcus for this process," she extended her other hand to Marcus which he readily obliged.

"What do we have to do now? I'm awaiting for your instructions," he said to Vee the moment he reached her side and clasped their hands again. His hair was tied on a messy bun as well---just like Venus. They actually looked good together. Her white hair contrasted to his' dark as night.

"Um... You need to control me through our bond and access my pull out towards them without activating my curse! Simple!" She was hesitant at first but her face brightened up when the thought of waking her friends up crossed her mind.

"Easier said than done! You really will be the death of me, my inamorata," he replied shaking his head, wearing a smug smile.

Master Ronheild flinched with the endearment while the rest let out suppressed chuckles.

"What?! What did I do again?" Venus asked perplexed.

Rufus cleared his throat, walked to stand beside Marcus and patted his shoulders saying, "What can you do man, you chose a handful!"

"Oh shut up, Fufu! Spill it out, freako!" Venus scolwed at them and gave Marcus a don't-you-dare-or-else look.

"And there you go ladies and gentlemen! She turned out to be a slave driver! Your really double dead vampire!" Agnus finally broke his silence, beating Marcus from answering back, laughed hardly, coughing in the end.