PROLOGUE

HUMAN REALM
15 years earlier...

Nuscha...

A woman's childlike giggles echoed after somewhat hearing her name being whispered by a soft passing wind. Her laughter broke the silence and tranquillity of the rainforest. She stumbled around while enjoying her favorite go-to place whenever she sneaks away from home.

Nuscha knew the risks she took just to wander around the Human Realm unaccompanied. Especially when she had to go without her powers and only using a weak meat suit. Without her mature ascention, having a vessel was just a dream for her. In the meantime, she was solely relying on her heightened senses to weave through the forest avoiding anything that would put her in danger not that there was any danger that she knew of. Besides, she was confident that the place was safe. She had been there more than a thousand times before and she knew the place like the back of her hand. It was the reason why she had the guts to explore without any reservations. Nuscha considered the rainforest her safe haven, her personal secret paradise.

Walking leisurely, her lavender eyes showed how happy she felt just by looking at the beautiful scenery around her. Although there was a tinge of sorrow beyond her gaze, it was subtly overshadowed by the radiant smile that was plastered on her cherry lips. Her hands touched soft and colorful petals as she glided through a sea of flowers. The intoxicating smell filled her senses as she took a deep breath inhaling the scent while closing her eyes. Her head was tilted up trying to feel the warmth of the small sunray that was somehow able to peek through the thick canopy of trees. She was trying to imagine herself like a butterfly fleeting and flying through the flowers. Spreading her hands wide, she spun slowly while her lashes fluttered open as another giggle escaped her lips.

Nuscha restlessly looked around as if printing everything she saw inside her memory. Although the place was damp and a bit foggy with just a few sunrays that peeked through the canopy, it was still easy for her to see through the almost dark forest floor. She was not human after all. Her sight was amplified a thousand times as if the sun was just shining above her. As she continued walking, her eyes lits up in delight every now and then whenever she saw various oddly shaped fruits hanging among the leaves in different colours or birds chirping as if they were happily welcoming her.

To her, the place was eerily beautiful.

A sigh escaped her lips and her steps halted. It was as if she was finding it hard to continue. It took her quite some time before she finally took a small step forward again. Her smooth steps made tiny squishing sounds on the damp forest floor, startling most of the small critters that ran about. Their sounds and noises automatically stopped as she made her way towards her favourite waterfall spot with a determined look that showed on her sorrowful face. Her brows were forrowed as she kept on sighing every once and a while. Her smile was gone instead a deep sadness can be seen in her eyes.

Nuscha inhaled another deep breath, as she tried to greedily filled her lungs with the distinct smell of the place. The contrasting poignant odour of decaying leaves coating the musty earth and the subtle aroma of wildflowers, rain, and pine were somehow helping her calm her nerves down. The undisturbed peace around her was what she needed the most at that moment although she knew it was her last time and her last chance. It was the reason why she risked everything just to have one last enjoyment before she surrendered herself to her so called obligations. The paradise in front of her was all worth it.

After a few moments of running here and there. Nuscha finnaly stepped out of the canopy. She squinted her eyes for a moment as she squealed in delight when finally she found what she came for.