Ten ~ Where Am I?

A sample picture of Venus on top.

Where am I?

It was the first question that popped out of her mind. She remembered disappearing from the dining chamber but she was confused how come she was looming over at herself exactly six years ago.

She must be dreaming. It was so vivid, she was engrossed the minute it started as if she was watching a movie.

It was some time in the past when Venus lived peacefully all by herself

It was some time in the past when Venus lived peacefully all by herself. She found her first home in a city called Transville. She couldn't explain the happiness she felt the first time she set foot on that foreign land. It was very different from the village she came from. It was more modernized and people were more cultured, educated. At first, she had a hard time adjusting to her new lifestyle especially when her neighbours started to pry and ask about her parents' or guardians' whereabouts. She would always answer them: 'at home' if she was outside; 'at work' if she was home; but sometimes when unpredictable things happen-like a landlady requesting for a meeting unpredictable kind of thing-Vee would answer 'she's out of town'. Either way, she always finds a way out. Maybe her beautiful and innocent face helped a lot since people wouldn't even think twice about believing her lies.

Venus was able to rent her first apartment after selling rare orchids to some rich women. From then on, she learned that women with money had a capricious hobby of culturing wild plants and flowers. It became her bread and butter. Aside from that, she also contracted some small markets for daily morning deliveries of fresh vegetables and fruits. Her source of income was stabilized that way. And people in the city were more open-minded and most often than not, they avoided prying because of a simple reason of not wanting unnecessary trouble for themselves. It was from that city that Vee decided to avoid rural villages like the one she had been.

A small smile touched her lips as she watched over her younger self. She remembered it like it was just yesterday.

It was a routinary morning like her any other mornings: she woke up; tidied up her bed; cooked and ate her breakfast in silence; prepare her deliveries; took a bath; and brushed her teeth...