Chapter 47 Love Triangle

"Oh my goddess! Is she alright? I felt the pain! You did too, Amelia?" Daphne was panicking after she woke up and seeing Venus motionless body in Marcus arms didn't help the matter at all. She was nagging the equally shaken Amelia, who was staring blankly back at her.

"Ammmeellliaaa!" Daphne shouted at her.

"Ahhhhhh!! S-she killed him! She k-killed him!" Amelia's ringing voice made then all cover their ears. She was not herself, shaking uncontrollably, hiding herself under the covers.

"Hush, Amelia... Everything will be fine. It was all days ago... You and Daphne were out for some time," mistress Vulca tried to calm her down, took her cover out and hugged her trembling form.

"W-e, we... What happened?" Daphne's brows creased, scepticism infused in her tone. "No, it was just few minutes or hours, right?"

"No dear, so many things happened in between already if you are willing to listen, I will retell it to both of you." Queen Mystyq said calmy to her.

Amelia straightened up after hearing it and Daphne gave her a nod of agreement so queen Mystyq retold everything starting from their passing out until the blood control that woke them up. They both gasped and started to sob.

"S-she did that for us? She sacrificed a lot. Oh, Vee!" Daphne ran to Venus side, who was now sleeping on her old bed, head on Marcus lap. She hugged her and sobbed non-stop.

"How could she do this for a nobody like me? She just met me but still she did it anyway... I owe her more than one lifetime..." Amelia was talking to herself, tears swam on her eyes...

"I know it is insensitive of me to cut through your emotional breakdown like this but we don't have much time left, you all need to go to Faerian Realm tomorrow. Master Xerxis will escort all of you in your quest for finding the Opaque Temple together with Prince Aldrik. He is coming in an hour so to speak." Master Ronheild said in a low voice.

"Why send prince Aldrik with us? With all due respect master but I don't think that's a good idea. It will be hard for Venus, she just bonded with Marcus!" Rufus angry voice startled all of them.

"Don't raise your voice on me, young man! He is my son! Of course, it will be the last thing I wanted for him to endure! But, it is his mother's temple! No one will be more equipped to find it but him since I cannot go myself. All the masters agreed on this matter!" Master Ronheild voice thundered.

Rufus was taken aback. He paled as he realized his mistake, asking forgiveness right away, "I apologize, master. I let my emotions get the better of me. I didn't mean to disrespect you."

Upon hearing this, master Ronheild calmed down, seated himself on Venus bedside, his concealed features locked in her face as he spoke sadly, "it's okay, we tend to be overtaken by emotions from time to time. Besides, my son needs closure on both women that he loved.."

~~~•°•~~~

Venus woke up with a bit of throbbing on her neck. Her head spinned when she pushed herself up, she inclined herself to the headboard and rested her head.

"Vee, eat something to regain your strength. We will go for quest in few hours time." Marcus gentle voice filled up her sleepy brain. Venus' lashes fluttered open, her mouth formed into a smile as Marcus filled her line of sight. He looked so adorable back on his combat uniform while holding a bed tray full of delectable food that made her stomach rumble from hunger.

"Your so sweet, Marcus. Thank you. Please eat with me," she said in a hoarse voice from just waking up.

He gave her a half-smile, happiness not reaching his eyes, "I can't inamorata, I still have to talk to my family about the blood bond. They are waiting for me at the Parlour. I just made sure you will not wake up alone, everyone is busy preparing. Shower after your breakfast. I will see you in an hour."