Chapter 40 Invasion

dedicated to Jungkookie016
dedicated to PrincessReiko21

This is my way of showing that i appreciated your votes... XD

-------------------------------------------------------

They left the werian realm in a breakneck speed. Giving Amelia very little time to bid her father goodbye. They were greeted with an eerie silence upon materializing through the portal, making them ran towards the academy in agitated haste.

"Proceed to your chambers at once! You will be summoned if needed!" Mistress Vulca shouted in between rapid breathing.

"But I..."

"I won't take no for an answer!" She cuts through Venus protest sternly, giving them a no non-sense look before she disappeared into a gust of red flames.

"Oh well, let us all go to our chamber to wait for news." Daphne suggested as they turned towards the direction of their chamber.

~~~•°•~~~

"Vulca! We need full report now!" Master Ronheild immediately ordered the moment she showed up in front of the assessment chamber. It was heavily guarded with elite knights.

"The subordinates are waiting for further instructions at the sleeping chambers, my lord," came her initial report in a breathy voice.

Master Ronheild tilted his head sidewards as he contemplated then asked, "what about the quest?"

"The shifter is with us, second subordinate for Venus. We were ambushed on our way home which resulted to a fatality for the shifter, bonding was the only option for course of action." Mistress Vulca replied promptly.

"Hmmnn, we will discuss that further later, for now we have more pressing matter at hand. All are inside the dinning chamber for safety precautions," he told her.

"Then should I inform Venus' group?" She asked.

"No, bring them here instead."

"But master... It will be game over if you hand her to them."

"Bring them at once!" He ordered without explanation in a dismissing tone.

~~~~•°•~~~~

"We should go there. I cannot let anyone be hurt because of me." Venus stated to no one in particular. Pacing back and forth like a mad woman.

"Calm down Vee... I'm sure they will find a way out for this. They always will." Daphne pulled her towards the bed and made her sit down beside Marcus just as the door bursted open revealing a tired looking mistress Vulca, her baby blue eyes looked duller and her burgundy hair was in disarray, her hood was hanging limply down her back.

"Come with me to the assessment chamber, all of you." She said in a low voice then turned to leave in no time, giving no room for questions or arguments.

They all walked briskly towards the chamber in complete silence. Each of them was considering what will happen next. Venus wringed her wrists nervously. Daphne clinged to Agnus tighyly while dragging along Rufus on her other side. Marcus was walking wearing a look of resignation side by side with an angry looking Amelia with clenched jaw.

"We don't know what's going on inside, it's spell barrier is impenetrable. Send knights in rotational scouting, both sky and ground, within 5 miles radius!" Master Balto was barking report and orders when they reached.