Chapter 29 Marcus' Love

Marcus was like a deer caught on a headlight as he stood there contemplating what to do next.

He had been avoiding Venus since that day, giving her time to think. He missed her so badly, cannot stop himself from staring at her when she was unaware. She was struggling with her classes and fire wielding.. If he will be paired up with her, his resolution will dissolve into thin air!

"Move it! We don't have time all day. Marcus and Venus, you start the combat since both of you were not moving to step aside!" Master Xerxis' irritated voice penetrated his malfunctioning brain.

"Ready when you are." Those were his first words to her since he declared his affections. Her astonishment clearly showed as she gulped to hide her fright from the unavoidable combat.

"Um.. Okay.. You attack, I defend!" Venus said in a shaky voice, fisted both of her hands in front of her like a boxer stance who was suffering from diarrhea.

Marcus disguised his snort by clearing his throat and copied her stance, trying to show her the correct posture. He found her really amusing. She definitely had no clue about combat fighting.

"Fight!" master Xerxis commanded.

Marcus let out a slow right hand jab towards her direction.

"Aaahhhh!!!" She let out a loud squeak cowering down hiding her face with her hands.
"I give up, I give up," she continued squeaking.

"What in the name of goddess are you doing?!" Master's voice boomed around the training chamber along with the suppressed laughter from the rest of the group.

His brows were knitted together, holding her temper down as he scolded her, "you cannot give up before the fight starts! Is this some kind of a joke to you?"

"I-I'm sorry, master.. I couldn't even kill a fly, how can I even hit someone especially a friend? Sucking that sorcerer dry is already killing me..." She told him sobbing, mouth quivering and gave him a puppy dog look.

Master Xerxis was taken aback for few minutes. He had a far away look on his eyes, he remembered his first ever subordinate. Her gentle persona, how she cried when forced to fight for the first time.. The first woman whom he loved the most.. Venus reminded him of what he used to be.. A man who never had a single hatred inside his heart. He realized how hard he was on this child, a scared child who had the gentlest heart, a child that reminded him of her...

"Try child. You have to. Time will come that you will need to defend yourself.." Everyone was stunned by the sudden change of their master's persona as he cooed her into trying.

Marcus was dumbfounded!
Nobody will ever be able to make the stubborn, arrogant master Xerxis coo! Only barbie!

Venus abruptly stopped sobbing, made a cross sign with her fingers as she shouted to master Xerxis, "who are you?!! We need holy water! Grumpy is possessed!" She stepped away from him and hid behind Marcus.

"What?! Come out there, you fool!" Master Xerxis was furious again. He was wrong to take pity on the insolent mongrel!

Venus automatically came out. Mouth streched wide in a full blast smile as she said, "Now that's my master! You made worried, huh! You never used that tone on me no matter what I do to please you. You never was kind to me until I'm used to it already. You see! This is my master Xerxis!"

Her innocent speech brought a heavy veil of silence to all of her audience especially to master Xerxis. He never realized that he was this hard on her until now... His eyes became glossy upon the truth that hit him!

"Come here, child," he beckoned for Venus in tight voice which earned a collective gasps from the rest of the group. They were all scared for her. Surely, the next punishment won't be easy.