Seventeen ~ My Jerk Prince 2

“What could possibly make you think that she is the Pure One, father?” Aldrik recovered from his initial shock and pointed to Venus as he asked.

It's unbelievable! He thought that his father had gone crazy.

Upon hearing this, Venus jerked up. With her hands firmly planted on her hips and her chin tilted up in a very snobbish way, she ranted at him, "Really, jerk? What are you trying to insinuate here? Am I not good enough to be your holy guacamole, freaking retarded, Pure One? Based on your reaction, you're mocking me!” Abruptly turning to face her master, her facial reaction miraculously changed from vexed to neutral like some actress trying to audition for a role, “Don't get me wrong though, I don't wanna be the vessel, but I won't allow anyone to belittle me anymore! It seemed like Phoenicians loved to do, judging from that equally rude orange master back at the academy!”

Lord Ronheild was about to answer her and to eventually calm her down but Prince Aldrik beats him to it, “Please explain, father. There must be a mistake.” He totally ignored Vee's outbursts like she was a fly that did nothing but buzz in his ears. And he did it on purpose to infuriate her more. There was something about her defiance that gets into his nerves. Annoying her though... It was a whole new level--a totally different story to tell. He just couldn't explain it but her angry face stirred up something inside him, something that sent warnings and made his phobia about love into full panic, hating the fact that by simply staring at her... He felt alive again. He couldn't explain what was happening to him and the truth of the matter was, he really didn't want to know.

“I will explain my theory if both of you will sit down and be calm.” Lord Ronheild's stern voice demanded compliance.

Aldrik let Venus sit down first then walked towards her. He seated himself beside her by the bed. She kept her mouth shut, nonetheless, she gave him a what-the-hell look in which he pretended not to see.

My goddess! She smelled like paradise. Aldrik regretted his decision the moment he sat beside her. By close proximity, his imagination went berserk as he inhaled her delicious scent.

“Venus is right, son. You should not belittle her. She has a lot of power within her that I am willing to develop within four years of training.” Lord Ronheild's raised his right hand greeted Venus when she was about to open up her mouth and utter a complaint. Her mouth snapped closed and pouted her lips like a child who was scolded.

“And you, my dear, need to believe in yourself more. Even a powerful faerian cannot make crops as fast as you did. Not to mention, only by tears. It isn't even connected to magic pull--An ability that exclusively belongs to Phoenix. And there's that fire before maturity, if you really burned down your home, then you will be the only one to access your inner fire without the pull. To top it all, you have the power of bringing life. Rapid growth is just a child's play compared to bringing back a withered plant back to life. So tell me, dear, can you blame me if I have this crazy assumption of you being the Perfect Vessel?”

His explanation made Vee as silent as the night, staring in incredulity towards her master. Aldrik, on the other hand, was the total opposite, “I was right! You were the one who did that!” Aldrik snapped his fingers, remembering his mother's garden where he had found her. He was uncertain. No, actually, he was in denial, refusing to believe that Vee did such a thing. It was the very reason why he was angry at her. His mother was a nature faerian before becoming Phoenician so he inherited her ability to nurture nature. When she passed away, her garden died with her. Venus managed to revive that garden in just a wink of an eye while he'd been trying all his life doing that and failed miserably.