Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning in Steve's arms and momentarily forgot why I was in his room. Then I remembered all that happened the night before. I sighed sadly and carefully turned around to look out the window to see little bits of snow falling down.

I wondered how they escaped without leaving evidence or a scene. Besides the note it looked as though the cells were always empty. I tapped the side of the bed with my fingernails in thought when Steve woke up.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking around his room as if trying to recollect himself. He looked down at me and went to staring back out the window.

"How ya holding up, kid?" He asked.

I shrugged and kept staring out the window.

"I've been better." I answered.

He stood up and held out his hand for me. I took it and he helped me to the kitchen.

"Ricky stayed with you until I came in the room last night." Steve said, ruffling my hair and walking to the fridge.

I fixed my hair and looked up at him.

"Really?" I asked, grinning.

Steve raised one eyebrow at me, causing me to giggle. Suddenly, our phones buzzed simultaneously. I looked up at Steve nervously and picked up my phone.

Unknown: Avengers, if you ever want to see the two siblings again, meet us at the warehouse on 72nd. All we ask for is $10000 and Captain Steve Rogers. Meet us at 10:30.

"Let's go suit up." I said, standing up.

"No. You and Ricky are staying here." Steve said firmly.

"But, Steve, I have to help you guys."

"No. I can't risk having you two getting taken too."

"But-"

"No and that's final." Steve said, standing up and walking out of the room.

I grunted angrily and finished my breakfast. When I was done I threw myself on the couch and turned on the TV.

"Hey." Ricky said, walking into the room.

"Hi." I replied.

"What are you so upset about, ShortCake?" He asked.

I looked up at him and glared at him for using one of Steve's nicknames for me.

"Steve won't let us go. He's making us stay here." I told him.

"Aww man. That sucks."

"He thinks we'll get taken. They already left so all I'm going to do is sit here until they come back."

"Can I sit here with you?" Ricky asked, pulling me close to him.

"Yes." I answered, smiling widely.

"I think we're actually alone this time." Ricky said quietly.

He started to lean in and I leaned in too.

"Excuse me Mr. Stark and Ms. Rogers." JARVIS interrupted. "But Captain Rogers informed me to keep an eye on both of you."

"Of course he did." I wined, leaning into Ricky's chest.

"Aww my poor 16 year old baby." Ricky said, stroking my hair.

"I don't like you."

"That's because you love me."

I could hear the smirk in his voice with out having to look at him. I rolled my eyes and watched as snowflakes fell through the window.

"Hit by the waves. Caught in a shipwreck oh. I'm breaking for you." Ricky sang quietly in my ear.

I smiled. I love to listen to him sing. It's something he loves more than anything. He always seems so relaxed when he sings. He lays his head back and wraps his arms around me and just starts to sing quietly. It makes me feel safe and happy.

"What happens to Steve?" I asked, nervously.

"He'll be fine. He knows what he's doing. He's got a plan in his head." Ricky answered, stroking my back gently.

I sighed and stood up to get some snacks.

Popcorn, please? Ricky said in my head, causing me to giggle.

I started popping a bag of popcorn and went back to the living room to check on what Ricky was doing. I saw him looking down and looking worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He looked up and smiled, shaking his head slightly.

"Nothing."

I raised one eyebrow and looked at him.

"I may not be able to read minds like you," I said, sitting down next to him, "but I know you. And you know you can tell me anything." I took his hand in mine and looked into his eyes.

He took a deep breath and bit his lip.

"It's Steve."

My eyes widened and I jumped up from the couch and ran to my room. I pulled out my suit and slipped it on, quickly and ran back to the living room to find Ricky eating popcorn.

"Come on." I said.

"But he told us not to-"

"I don't care. I'm going to help him whether he likes it or not."

"Maddy, I don't know..."

"I do know." I said, walking towards the elevator.

"Where are you going?" Ricky asked, following me.

"You know where."

Ricky sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Fine. Just... Let me go change." He said.

I smiled a little as he left to get his suit.

"Mkay. Let's go." Ricky said, once he came back.

We went in the elevator to the landing sight on the tower.

"Ya know, sometimes, I think you're a real nutcase." He said once the elevator opened.

"Thank you." I replied, stretching out my wings and flying up into the air.

"That wasn't supposed to be a compliment."

"But I took it as a compliment. All the best people are nutcases. Even Loki's kind of fun to talk to. Even though he wants to take over the entire world and almost killed off an entire race of Frost Giants and tried to kill you." I said, smirking. "But he thinks he's doing good in his own mind. He wants to make his dad proud by being the one who has the throne. He wants to be seen as a responsible ruler. But the power and jealousy went to his head."

"Wow. Did you gather that all from fighting him?" Ricky asked, amazed.

"Nope. I like to have relaxing talks with the prisoners to make them feel more at home. Oooh! There it is!" I said, pointing to the abandoned warehouse.

*****************************
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Please tell me what you thought. I hope you liked this chapter! Please vote, comment and follow me for more stories.