Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning with my head hurting.

Great. A morning headache.

I looked at my surroundings and realized that I was on the floor. I remembered that we had watched a movie the night before. Ricky stirred a little in his sleep as I looked over. Suddenly, the pain in my head got more intense.

He's having a nightmare.

I don't know. The thought just slipped into my mind somehow. I looked over and grabbed Ricky's shoulder.

"Ricky?"

Ow. Even talking hurts my jaw.

I began shaking him awake instead. His green eyes shot open and he looked up at me. The pain in my head suddenly vanished. He let out a sigh of relief and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You're okay." He whispered.

I laughed a little and kissed his cheek.

"Yes I'm okay," I said, "but something weird happened."

He looked at me with concern and listened.

"When you were asleep, I had a headache. It got worse when you started stirring in your sleep and I suddenly thought you were having a nightmare. When I woke you up, the headache suddenly disappeared." I explained.

We have to talk to Bruce. I thought.

"We have to talk to Bruce." Ricky said.

I looked up at him.

"Were you reading my mind again?" I asked.

"No. Honest. Why?" He asked.

"I just thought that exact thing before you said it."

"That's a little weird, but hasn't that happened with us before?"

"I feel like this is different." I answered.

Don't worry. Bruce will know what to do.

"Don't worry. Bruce will know what to do." Ricky said, helping me off the ground.

There it is again.

Ricky and I walked into the lab and found Bruce working on something.

"Hey. We've got to talk to you about something weird that happened this morning." I said.

We're both concerned about it.

"We're both concerned about it." Ricky said, taking my hand.

Bruce looked at us and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Alright. Come sit down and talk to Uncle Brucie." He said.

I laughed a little and sat on one of the tables. I explained to him everything that happened this morning, starting from the headache to thinking everything Ricky is about to say.

"I think I'll have to do a cat scan on both of you. Just to see what's going on."

I nodded and looked over at Ricky. He smiled a little at me and took my hand.

+++++++++++++++++++++

After the cat scan, Ricky and I nervously waited for our results. When Bruce walked in with the papers, we both eagerly stood up.

"Well, it appears that everything is normal, except for one thing..." He said, thinking aloud.

He looked up at us and looked as if he just realized we were there.

"It seems as though both of your brain waves have increased in a way that you both share a mental bond. You two talk through mind read so often that whatever each other is feeling or thinking, you'll both feel it. Ricky has already experienced this due to his ability to mind read, but this is a new thing for Maddy."

Is this permanent?

"Is this permanent?" Ricky asked.

"It should be temporary. As long as you two keep the mind reading to a minimum. I recommend that you two both take a break from it for a little while and see how things cool down." Bruce responded.

"How long?" I asked.

"It could be a few weeks to a few months. It all depends on how strong the mental bond is." He answered.

Ricky and I nodded.

"Why don't you two go and get some breakfast?" Bruce suggested.

Ricky took my hand and led me downstairs, where we would go eat breakfast.

+++++++++++++++++
Sorry this chapter's kinda short! And that I haven't updated in a while. And that the story hasn't been that interesting... Please comment what you thought(I hope this chapter is interesting), vote, or follow me for more stories!