Chapter 16

I flew to the bottom of the tower and landed in front of the door.

Ricky, where are you?

Maddy! I'm up here. I'm on the top floor...

I'm coming.

It's dark in here. I don't know what's going on. Are the others with you? I don't want you hurt.

Don't worry, they're on their way.

As soon as I told him that, Steve arrived on his motorcycle next to me.

"How'd they get in here?" He asked.

"I don't know," I answered, "but I am not letting them hurt Ricky."

Very soon, the others arrived, ready to fight.

"Wow. You ran out of there so fast, Maddy. It took us forever to catch up." Ev said.

"So, what's the plan?" Tony asked.

I looked at Steve. He nodded in response.

"Okay, here's what we do." He began.

Ricky's Pov

I sat in a wooden chair in a dark room. My hands were bound and my feet were tied to the legs of the chair. I couldn't tell where I was, but I guessed that I was in some empty office or something.

Suddenly, a flashlight shined in my eyes.

"Gah!" I shouted.

"Aww. Sorry sweetheart." Maggie smirked.

"Let me go, Maggie." I said.

"No. I'm afraid I'm unable to do that."

I sighed.

Right behind her...

I heard Maddy's voice in my mind.

Be careful.

Don't worry.

Suddenly, purple lightning erupted and surrounded Maggie. She let out a loud scream and collapsed to the floor. I looked up to see big, brown eyes staring back at me. Maddy grinned and ran up to me.

Maddy's Pov

"Ricky!" I exclaimed.

Ricky smiled as I took his face in my hands and pressed our foreheads together.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" I asked.

"I'm okay." He responded.

I used my telekinesis to untie him while I spoke to him.

"Maddy, look, I'm so sorry for the way I acted this morning. I just... I don't know... There's no excuse for my actions. I'm sorry."

"Ricky, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. I guess I was just scared... I'm so sorry. I love you so much." I responded.

Ricky kissed me and I smiled.

"I love you, too." He whispered in response.