Chapter 6

"Don't be mad at me because I tried to save you." I said once Steve shut his door.

"Don't be mad? You disobeyed me!"

"To save you!"

"I had everything under control."

"Really? Under control? You were tied up with tape on your face! How is that under control?" I exclaimed.

"I could've saved myself! I didn't need you to come and try to save me. You're just so stubborn all the time!" He yelled angrily.

"I don't care if I'm stubborn or not, that's just who I am! I had to save you!"

"You had to? What makes you think you "had" to save me?" Steve demanded, crossing his arms over his chest.

I looked up at him with tears filling my eyes.

"I had to because you're all I got. You should've known that." I said, quietly letting tears slip down the side of my face.

Steve looked down and massaged his forehead with one hand while I stood there quietly crying. I showed no emotion as tears slipped down my face. Steve looked up at my tear stained face and pulled me into a hug.

"You're all I have, too, ya know." Steve said, pulling away and looking at me.

He lifted one hand and wiped away the remaining tears.

"And you also know that I love you like a sister." He said, looking into my nearly black eyes.

"I know." I said, smirking. "I love you like a brother."

"I just want you to be safe. Which is why I didn't want you to come on this mission."

"I want you to be safe. Which is why I saved you." I said, smirking.

Steve smirked and lightly shoved me.

"Get out of here." He said, smiling.

I smiled and left his room. I looked around to see if anyone was following me. I walked to the cells on the second floor. I walked quickly and quietly passed Lara and Loki, who were both in straight jackets and leaning against a wall looking at me angrily. I stared into the cell that Maggie was in.

She stared at me, with her hands encased in metal handcuffs and her feet chained to the floor. I sighed and quietly swiped my card to open the door. I walked inside and sat down in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned through clenched teeth.

"I'll be asking the questions." I said, calmly.

She clenched her jaw and crossed her arms.

"What powers do you have?" I asked.

"If I tell you, you'll only use it against me."

"Who gave them to you?" I asked.

She stared at me and didn't answer.

"We only want to help you. We don't want to hurt you." I said.

"Why should I believe you? Besides, I don't need any help." She said.

"You're 16 years old and you've joined Lara and Loki because my boyfriend never dated you. Life doesn't go the way you want it to." I said, standing up.

"It should be the way I want it to be." She muttered. "He was mine. Mine I tell you! I don't know what he sees in someone as ugly as you."

"He sees the good in me. But all you're doing is showing him the bad in you. Look where it got you." I said, calmly.