Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning with Ricky's head on my chest. I smiled and kissed his sleeping head and began playing with his hair.

He woke up and looked up at me and smiled. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me. I kissed him back and ran my hands through his hair. We pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. He smiled and lightly brushed his nose against mine. I smiled back and kissed him lightly.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you, too." Ricky responded.

He got up and helped me up.

"Let's go get some breakfast." He said, taking my hand and leading me to the kitchen. 

I yawned and leaned into his side as we walked through the door.

"Oh, by the way, I was hoping I could introduce you to a couple of some old friends today." Ricky said, excitedly.

I smiled at him.

"Okay! I can't wait." I said.

He smiled and kissed me tenderly. I kissed him back and we both pulled away.

"You need something to eat, my dear." He said, smiling.

I followed him into the kitchen and walked into a pantry.

"So Ricky, tell me about your friends." I said, pulling out some cereal.

"Oh they're very nice. And funny. I met them maybe... 3, 4 years ago." He said.

I smiled and ate my cereal.

"I'm sure I'll get along with them well."

Ricky smiled widely and began eating his breakfast.

Once we had finished eating, I slipped on my white sandals and walked out to the front of the boat and looked out at the ocean. I smiled and watched its magnificent shimmer as waves moved across the sea. Ricky stood next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I smiled and lay my head on his shoulder.

"This has been great. Thank you so much for taking me out here." I said, smiling up at him.

"Of course, Beautiful. You know I'd do anything for you." He said, leaning down and kissing me.

I smiled as we pulled away and I looked back out at the ocean.

"I miss Steve." I said, suddenly.

"I miss Tony and Pepper. And everybody else." Ricky said.

I nodded and looked back up at him.

"You ready to go home?" I asked.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yes."

We went back to the pier and Ricky helped me onto the dock. He and I walked to a stop and got a taxi to take us back home.

"Steve!" I yelled, running into his arms.

"Shortie's back! Shortie's back!" He exclaimed, spinning me around.

I laughed and he set me back down on the ground.

"I missed you." I said, smiling.

"I missed you, too. Hey, no fondueing, right?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Nope! Just dinner and a movie and then breakfast this morning. We had pizza so I guess you could say that we kinda had bread and cheese."

Steve laughed and hugged me again.

"I really did miss you." He said, laying his chin on my head.

"I missed you, too."

I looked up and smiled.

"I'm gonna go change now." I announced.

Steve laughed as I ran to my room.

"Hi Ev!"

"Hello, Person Who Left Me!"

I laughed and hugged her. I changed into jeans, boots, and a tank top.

"Maddy! They're here!" I heard Ricky call, excitedly.

"Coming!" I responded, running out of the room.

I smiled up at Ricky, who smiled back.

"Maddy, these are my friends, Emery and Liam. Guys this is my girlfriend, Maddy." Ricky said, wrapping his arm around me.

I stared up at Emery and backed away slowly as he looked down at me.

"Em?" I asked.

"Hey, sis." He replied, smiling a little.

"I-I thought you were gone for good." I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

Ricky looked at me and Emery for a moment.

"Uh... Did you just say, 'sis'?" He asked.

"He's my brother... Who left me after my mom died." I explained.

"I'm sorry!" He said, exasperated.

"You shouldn't have left me. I was eleven years old, you shouldn't have left me." I said, trying to stay calm.

"Well, what did you expect me to do?"

"Protect me, like a big brother should."

"Maddy-"

"It doesn't matter anymore. Steve takes care of me now." I looked down.

"Who's Steve?" He asked.

Steve walked up behind us and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything's fine, Steve." I answered.

Em looked up at Steve and his eyes widened.

"St-Steve Rogers takes care of you!?!? Oh my-hi. This is amazing! I'm a huge fan." Emery exclaimed.

"Um, thanks." Steve said, smiling.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the time.

"Well, Liam, it was nice meeting you. Thanks for introducing me, Sweetie." I said, kissing Ricky on the cheek, quickly. "But, I should probably get some sleep..." I said, heading up to the elevator.

Em talked to Steve while Liam quietly listened and Ricky watched me leave.

*************************
Twist ending!!! Maddy had a brother before????? What!?!?!

*************************Twist ending!!! Maddy had a brother before????? What!?!?!

Emery is the one on the left, Liam is on the right.

Please comment what you thought! I hope y'all liked it!