Chapter 10

The photo above makes me so happy! 😊

"Why can't you just talk to him, Maddy?" Ricky asked as he followed me around.

I sighed with my arms crossed and turned around.

"I can't, Ricky. I just... I can't!" I exclaimed, feeling tears threaten to spill down my face.

Ricky sighed and wrapped me into a hug. I lay my head on his chest and shut my eyes.

"It's hard to talk to him after he left, Ricky." I whispered.

He kissed the top of my head and held me tighter.

"I know, Baby. I get it." He whispered back.

"Yo! Where my party peoples at?!" I heard Ev yell as she walked into the room. "Woah. Why the long face, man?"

"It's nothing." I said, smiling at her.

"Meh. Mkay." She replied, throwing herself on the couch.

Ricky kept holding me when Spencer walked in.

"Ew. Can you guys take the love fest somewhere else? I don't wanna throw up in my popcorn while I try to watch tv. Besides, Cecilia's coming over today, and your cuddling will disturb her." He complained.

"But, y'all two cuddle all the time." I said, pulling away from Ricky.

"So? It's gross when it's other people." He said, flopping on the couch next to his sister.

I rolled my eyes and Ev kicked his arm.

"It's gross when you walk into a room." Ev complained, causing me to laugh.

Spencer rolled his eyes and Ricky led me out of the room. I walked into the kitchen and saw Em and attempted to keep my eyes down. Em stood up quickly and followed me.

"Come on, sis." He said, tapping my shoulder.

Ricky left us alone and I shrugged away from my brother and sat down.

"We have to talk." He said, sitting next to me.

"What's there to talk about? We recapped the whole story down stairs..."

"It's just that I was scared and I didn't have a lot of money... I knew I wouldn't be able to care for you and support you in that state."

"You could've at least stayed. You could've gotten a job and helped find a house. I could've helped you." I explained.

"You were too young. You were eleven, Maddy. I couldn't do it..."

"And you were fifteen. And then you left to go who knows where and I had to sneak inside people's homes and steal clothing and food."

Tears threatened to spill down my cheeks when suddenly my brother grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug. I let out a sigh and leaned my head against him while he lay his chin on my head.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"I know."

"I went to go live with Liam. I spent a full day moving our things into his house and when I came back at night to get you, you were gone. I told the cops and they searched for you but couldn't find you." He explained.

I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Really?"

"Really, sis." He answered.

"I always thought those cops followed me because they found out I was stealing, haha." I laughed.

Emery gave me a disapproving look then laughed.

"I missed you!" I jumped on him and wrapped my arms around him.

He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"Can everything go back to the way it was?" I asked.

Em nodded and we let go of each other.

"So... You know that Ricky and I are dating... Right?" I asked, a little nervous.

"Yeah and I'm actually okay with it." He replied, laughing a little.

"So are you going to stay here? With me and Steve?" I asked.

Emery stayed silent for a moment.

"Maddy... I don't know, I can't just move in so soon... And... Liam and I are moving." He replied, slowly.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "But I just got you back."

"I know. I wouldn't have made the arrangements if I knew you were still around..."

I looked down, disappointed.

"Hey." Em whispered, lifting my head up so I could look at him. "We won't be far. I'm going to D.C. so you can always come to see me. And we can always text if you need me or if you just want to talk."

I smiled and nodded.

"Okay."

"I love you, sis." Em said, hugging me.

"Love you too, big bro." I replied, hugging him back.

****************************
Aww! Maddy got reunited with her big brother! This is so heart warming! And... Kinda sad... Anyway, please comment what you thought of this chapter, vote if you liked it and follow me for more stories like this. Bye ily!