Chapter 5

"I can't believe you're making me do this." Ricky whispered as we landed on top of the building.

"Believe it, baby." I said, poking his chin. "Do ya know what's going on down there?"

"I don't have X-ray vision." Ricky said, teasing me.

"You know what I mean." I said, playfully glaring at him.

"Steve, Ev and Spencer are all in the second story. Lara and Loki are on the first story."

"Could you burn a hole above the room they're in?"

"Hold on." Ricky said.

He held out his hands and let fire burn into the roofing while I kept a lookout and watched the door.

"Okay, come on." Ricky said, jumping through the hole into the warehouse.

I followed and found Steve, Ev and Spencer tied together in the middle of the room. The had tape on their mouths so they were unable to speak. I thought that the fact that they were in the middle of the room was suspicious.

"Be careful. I feel like something bad is about to happen."

"Are you able to read Lara's mind?" I asked, holding up my hand to laser off the rope.

"No. She's got me blocked somehow so I can't get into her mind..."

Steve ripped the duct tape off his face and stood up. Ev did the same while Spencer whimpered as he tried to carefully peal the tape off his mouth. Steve rolled his eyes and tore the tape off like bandaid.

"Well, well, well..." Loki's voice rang through the air.

Steve and the two siblings ran over to me.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked through clenched teeth.

I looked up and saw that we were surrounded by copies of Lara and Loki. We all grouped up together, backs toward each other.

"I'm saving you, of course." I answered.

"We had a plan, Maddy." Steve said, annoyed.

"Well your plan just changed."

"Thor." Ricky said, suddenly.

"Get down!" Steve ordered, holding up his shield.

We obeyed and I looked up to see the ceiling crumble as Thor's hammer slammed against Steve's shield, sending the copies through the air. The copies disappeared, leaving the real Loki and Lara on the ground on either side of us.

Steve picked up Loki and I grabbed Lara.

"I thought our therapy sessions were paying off." I said in a disappointed voice.

Lara just groaned as I dragged her outside.

How come that was too easy? Ricky asked.

I don't know. But I think they're trying to make it easy for a reason. I replied.

I jumped up into the air, about to fly to the tower when a gun shot screamed through the air and I felt a searing pain in the middle of my back.

"Oh great." I winced, landing on the ground and scraping up my arms and knees.

Steve was soon by my side as the wounds on my body grew smaller and disappeared. A cackle rang through the air as I stood up.

"If you weren't so stubborn, the plan wouldn't have worked. Let's give Lloyd a round of applause." Maggie said as she landed on the ground.

"Maggie? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm here to take back what was mine." Maggie said.

She held up her hand as a fume of dark magic spread around her hand. It glowed black as she lifted Ricky off the ground. I rolled my eyes and lifted my hand, zapping Maggie and sending her to the ground.

What is it with people attacking us because they want someone to like them?

I helped Ricky off the ground and walked over to Maggie.

"Maggie. Stop this. You don't know what you're getting into."

"I think I know exactly what I'm getting into." Maggie growled, sweeping one hand quickly and gently across her face revealing her with white hair, purple eyes and a Day of the Dead-like mask. "And my name's not Maggie anymore." She said, sneering up at me. "It's Black Gem."

She raised her hands and sent me flying into the warehouse wall. I crawled out of the rubble and flew up. I looked downward where Maggie was. I shocked her with lightning and swooped downward. I grabbed her arm and flew into the air with her. She shocked me with her dark magic, causing me to drop her. She began falling to the ground. I used my telekinesis to stop her right before she hit the ground.

I landed back on the ground and let her go. She had blacked out from fear when she was falling. I picked her up and carried her to the car and put her in there with Lara and Loki.

I turned and looked up at Steve. He shook his head.

"We'll talk about this when we get home." He said, getting on his motorcycle and driving back to the tower.

The rest of us either flew(so me, Tony, Ev, Spencer and Ricky) or drove back to the tower.