Chapter 15

I groaned as I sat down at the breakfast table.

"What wrong?" Ricky asked as he sat down next to me.

"I have that feeling again." I answered.

Sometimes, I get a feeling that means something bad is going to happen. And usually, that something bad happens.

"I need to text Em... And hold Charlie." I said, getting up.

"Why can't you and I just talk about this? I know that you and Emery are still kind of on a weird basis..."

I looked back at Ricky.

"Aren't we all on a weird basis?" I asked.

I walked to my room and grabbed my phone and picked up Charlie. I turned around to see Ricky at the door.

"What was that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"Well, you know..." I started.

I could tell he was sensitive about this.

"You and I broke up and we just got back together yesterday... Em and I aren't close like we used to be and, well I don't know."

"You don't think you can trust me."

I looked up at Ricky, slightly shocked.

"That is not at all what I meant and that's definitely not what I said."

"Well, you know what, I really don't care." Ricky said.

He turned around and walked away.

"What?" I muttered to myself.

I sat down on my bed and looked down at my phone. I decided to start texting Emery.

M: Hey! It's Maddy...

Em: Hey sis! I've been waiting for your text. What's up?

M: I don't really know... I think Ricky's upset with me. He thinks I don't trust him.

Em: What? Do you trust him?

M: Yes, and I've told him that several times before. Idk why he's being so weird about it.

Em: Hang on, let me talk to him.

M: K.

I threw myself on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. The feeling of anxiety and fear built up in my stomach. Something bad is going to happen real soon.

I jumped up and changed into my uniform. I looked out the window and saw the sky growing darker.

It's happening.

I walked into Steve's room. He wasn't there. I walked into the lab and saw him there.

"I have a bad feeling." I said.

Steve looked up at me, then ran downstairs. I flew after him, where we both ended up in our jail unit. The new robots Stark had made to prevent another jail break were all down. In fact, all the power down there was out. The alarms didn't even go off.

"They must've had outside help." Steve thought aloud.

He ran upstairs to change into his uniform while I had J.A.R.V.I.S. alert the others.

"J.A.R.V.I.S., alert the others. Tell them we have a mission."

"Yes, Ms. Rogers."

I spread my wings and flew upstairs to Ricky and Spencer's room. I landed in front of their door and knocked.

"Ricky? Spencer?"

Spencer opened the door and looked out of breath. His eyes grew wide when he saw me.

"What happened?" I asked, worriedly.

"She just... She broke through the window and... Sh-she..."

I heard Ricky's phone beep. That had to be Em texting him. But I couldn't here him answering and... Wait broke through the...

"Who? What happened? Tell me!" I demanded in fear.

"It's Maggie. Maggie took Ricky."

"Again?"

I burst into the room and saw their large, glass window busted. The alarms should've went off for that too.

"Get your suit on." I ordered.

Spencer nodded and I quickly left the room and went down the hall.

"Ev, we need to go, now." I said, leaving the room.

I felt panicky and the sudden feeling that tears would pour out like a waterfall any minute.

Steve rushed out into the hallway. He stopped when he saw me.

"Maddy?"

"They took Ricky and we have to go right now."

I suddenly knew where he was... Our telepathic bond was still strong. I could probably find a way to get to him.

"I can figure out where he is..." I muttered.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Our bond! Our telepathic bond! I can still find him!" I exclaimed.

I spread my wings and instantly took off, without even thinking. Even if we were fighting, I couldn't stay mad at Ricky. I had to save him before something bad happened to him. I flew faster and faster until I arrived at the Empire Building.

How did they get in here without being stopped?