Sports Festival

Fear filled my throat as the monster made its way closer.

Toying with me, teasing me. I wished for an escape.

I backed away until I felt my back hit the concrete wall. There was no way out.

A figure turned the corner. Her eyes darted between the the burning furniture, looking for something.

Her body covered with burns. The cuts on her body dripped with dark crimson blood. Those eyes... red like the blazing fire that surrounds us.

But she was not the one I was running from.

With weak movements she walked slowly to me. Clenching my fist I slowly approached her. As I got closer, I felt the hot tears roll down my cheeks. The floor creaked with every step she took. Smoke around us became thicker. I soon broke into a run towards her. She gradually came to a stop halt. Her body fell to the floor almost like slow motion. I sank to my knees next to her limp figure. Her eyes became dull with every breath she took. Grabbing the boards beneath me, I sank my claws in anger. Something warm touched my cheek. Turning, I saw a man with a sweet smile, holding her in his arms. Together they placed their foreheads against mine. This feeling was felt so safe. I didn't want to run away from it.

A nearby door had burst open causing me to flinch against their touch. She then placed a kiss on tip of my nose while he tickled me on the stomach.

"Run Hikari, don't ever lose control"

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I woke up with my clothes drenched in sweat. My covers were filled with claw marks while my pillow was torn apart. Feeling satisfied as I threw the alarm across the room, I let myself fall onto the floor.

These nightmares are getting annoying. I can never seem to get to the end of them! And it's the same freaking one. This didn't happen much before but it's all coming back again. I'll need to buy some sleeping pills.

I ruffled my hair as I walked over to the bathroom. Splashing water onto my face, I glanced at the clock. Late already. Might as well skip today. I took a look into the mirror. Pieces of hair were sticking out. The hair-do Uraraka gave me became two drunk Mickey Mouse ears during my sleep. Sighing, I brushed my teeth and looked over to my empty apartment. Their was a fridge, tv and a couch. Boring if you ask me.

"I wonder" I said while tapping my chin. A devilish smirk formed on my lips.

Plopping on the couch, I searched through the channels. I was allowed to still go to the festival but asked not to. I warned that I would do something stupid if they forced me to so I was excused. All Might and Aizawa were upset with my decision but they didn't press any further. Glancing over towards the window, gave me a perfect view of the school. From the tall buildings to the perfectly trimmed grass. How obvious.

A familiar face flashed on the tv. I frantically pushed the buttons to get back to the channel. Afraid to break the remote I finally found it. It was the sports festival!

The current event was the obstacle race. Bakugou and Todoroki were head to head. Of course.

I eagerly leaned towards the screen to watch their actions. Todoroki was fast but Bakugou was determined. His face still showed no emotion and both boys were way ahead of the rest.

The field that they were on... Was this a mine field. Who the-

"KABOOM" I fell off behind the couch in surprise. I felt my body hit the floor hard. My feet dangled in the air as I rubbed my head. It seems my wings opened by reflex. I struggled to get up and see what happened. Pushing my wings away I saw Izu flying on a piece of metal in the lead. He didn't even use his quirk!