Upside Down

Kirishimas POV

"Kai? Yoohoo Kai?" I asked after popping that question. No response. I could still hear her breathing... but very slowly.

"If it was too sudden I totally understand, you don't need to make the decision now." I muttered, slightly feeling embarrassed. Still no response. I wonder if I came on too strong.

Poking her bare back, I tried to get a reaction.

What the...

Quickly lifting her off my shoulder, I laid her carefully on the ground. Her eyes were closed and mouth slightly gaped open. It looks as though she had passed out.

Great... I get the guts to finally ask her and she was asleep.

I threw my head back and sighed with annoyance. Can't I do anything right?

Hikari fidgeted as I picked her up in my arms again. She had let out a little huff of smoke now and then as I walked to the nurses office. I had noticed that when she sleeps she always fidgets. As if she's having some bad dream. She would fling an arm or growl at whatever. I know what her nightmares are about though. She doesn't tell me about them but I could tell. I could tell they were about her parents. The way her brow furrowed or when she started to whimper. It's the little things that make me want to take all of those bad memories away from her. Just so she could sleep. So she could be... content. She whimpered again, but I couldn't do anything to help if I was holding her. Softly i kissed her forehead, hoping it would calm her down.

As I got closer I could see Kyouka, Kaminari and Todoroki walking out of the office. Catching notice of me, their demeanor completed changed and they quickly rushed over.

"What happened?" Todoroki asked first, helping me get her to a bed.

"She combined her quirks, and it was a bit overwhelming so she gotta a bit sick. Then she passed out ." I responded, placing a pillow under her neck.

The three nodded at me and jumped back as the nurse shooed them away. I stifled a laugh until she warned me as well.

"Cmon, she needs rest. You can check on your girlfriend in an hour."

I nervously stepped back and allowed the nurse to do her job. Kai was doing better, it almost seemed like she was... smiling?

Calmly I walked out of the door, but not without being yanked by the collar. Turning around, my eyes bulged upon seeing half the class staring at me.

"Girlfriend?!" Uraraka beamed.

Cautiously I stepped back, putting my hands behind my me. The others kept walking closer, backing me against the lockers.

"We saw the tape you freaking fire hydrant." Bakugou stated bluntly, the other students glaring at him.

"Of all places why did you choose here?" Mina sighed.

"And she threw up dear lord..." Yaoyorozu added, shaking her head.

"There is a time and place for everything.... but that certainly was not it. Ribbit." Tsu laughed.