Can it be?

The two sat in silence at the table. The empty glasses and winter chill only making the situation more tortuous. Kurogiri reading the paper over and over again, the words still the same.

"It's going to say the same thing, no matter how many times you read it." Shigaraki mumbled.

"I don't understand how..." He sighed, taking another shot.

"She was always well skilled, I'm not surprised and neither should you."

Kurogiri traced the edge of the envelope, memories of Kai reminiscing. That unfathomable event that caused her so much pain. Something that could've been prevented. Something that a child should never go through.

"For this many years and now they-"

"They didn't know she was still alive."

Kurogiri stared at him in disbelief. "And why is that?"

"When Arde was shot... They didn't have the opportunity to get to see her. I had told them that she was killed on contact."

He gripped the table, anger flushing through him but he had to hold back.

"So, thinking she was dead... They left. Wanting to remove anything that reminded them of her. The house, the area... shall I go on or you get the picture?"

He sighed heavily, the thought of Kai finding out about this weighing heavy on his mind.

She'd been doing so well, learning to control her quirk, getting along with people. If only she stayed in the villain league.

"She'll want to kill me." Shigaraki chuckled darkly.

Kurogiri nodded in response. This would tear her apart. She'd have to start all over again.

He read over the report one last time.

The Yokoyamas are back in Japan...

•••••••
ohohohoh GUESS WHO GOT HER ACCOUNT BACK! hi pls tell me you are all still alive, after 2 years I came back to 2k notifications and 87k reads. Lemme repeat that 87 THOUSAND reads. When I left I only had 5k. I just. whew chile I cant beleaf this. And don't get me started on the one shots. but yeah hERE is the actual last chapter:)