Chapter 13: Lies

Anger, hurt and betrayal is what I was feeling right now.

We were all standing in silence. Me and Ryder were still looking at each other, speechless to even say anything.

I didn't want this to happen. Especially in the cafeteria where everyone heard it all. People are going to talk about this for a while now.

Fucking hell.

"Ex?" Jace asks turning me around, breaking the eye contact me and Ryder were holding.

"Surprise?" I replied awkwardly.

The bell rings. Everyone packs up to go to their next period, talking about what had just happen as they walked.

"So... I'm gonna go to class. You guys can stay here or do whatever you want." I say breaking the awkward silence.

I'm about to walk out, until I feel a strong grab on my arm. I turn to see it's Jace.

"We're talking about this later." He whispers to me. All I do is nod and walk out, leaving the guys.

~~~~~~

Maths was taking too long. Maybe it's because I kept looking at the clock, which makes it feel longer.

I tried not thinking about what had just happened at lunch, but how could I not.

The boy who I used to date is at my school.

I was so in love with him when we first started dating. I remember him walking up to me at lunch, and asked me to be his girlfriend. We had been hanging out, and talking quite a while before. My friends had told him I had a crush on him, and apparently he did too.

We were together for four months, we were so in love at the time. He would say 'I love you' 'You're so beautiful.' 'I want you to stay with me forever.'

Cheesy? I know.

Round about on the third month, we started drifting away. We didn't really spend much time together. He would go out to parties with his mates and I would stay at home or hang out with my friends.

He then asked me to come with him to his friends party, as we hadn't been with each other for awhile.

Not the greatest way to spend time with each other.

I didn't want to go at first but then he convinced me. When we got there, we talked to his mates, danced and drank. After a while Ryder went off somewhere and left me dancing with people I hardly talked to.

Luckily I didn't drink that much, and was able to go and find him. I had looked in the garden, kitchen and went back in the living room.

But he wasn't there.

I went upstairs and asked if anyone had seen him, they were too drunk to know. I started checking the bedrooms just in case he had passed out on the bed or something, until I opened the last door at the end of the hallway.

Then and there was Ryder on top of a girl who I recognised from the cheerleader quad, kissing her.

That moment my heart dropped. All the nice, loving things he had said to me was a lie.

He said he would never hurt me.

I had burst into tears, Ryder was telling me he had too many drinks, and that he didn't know what he was doing.

Bullshit.

After that we broke up. A couple months later, it was announced he was moving. Apparently to America but I guess not - we're in London. Which is five hours away from my hometown Wellington.

It's been two years since I last saw him until now.

It took quite a while to get over him, however for him not so much. He was onto the next girl after a week later.

Wonder if the love was real.

My thoughts were interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. I turn my head to see a red haired girl. She was wearing a white top with black shorts, and she was looking at me with concern.

"Are you alright? Your eyes are watering." She asked me.

I guess thinking about the pain I was in two years ago made me tear up.

"Oh yeah I'm fine, just deep in thought." I say wiping my eyes.

"Is it about you and Ryder? I saw what happened in the hall."

"Unfortunately yeah." I look down at my hands.

I swear I'm getting soppy since I saw Ryder.

"I'm sure it will get better soon." She smiles at me.

"My name is Rosie."

"I'm Hazel Brook."

"Yeah you're the new girl."

I nod my head. "Yes I am." I chuckle.

"No talking when I'm talking Hazel." Mrs Hill says glaring at me, before going back to explaining what to do.

I look at Rosie and huff rolling my eyes. She starts giggling, only to cover it up when Mrs Hill glared at her.

Twenty more minutes until the end of school.

Please let this class end quick.

********