Chapter 26: Detention Talks

Jace POV-

"Since when does us boys ditch each other for a girl?" I say to Jay and Ashton.

We were sitting at the back of the room in detention. The teacher who was supposed to be keeping an eye on us had left, probably to go bang the English teacher he's been secretly seeing, in the closet. For some reason we were still sitting here.

"I mean you have done it before." Jay say throwing a tennis ball he had most likely stolen from PE in the air and catching it.

"Yes but that was different, I was getting some great ass sex. Who would give that up?" Ashton laughs and fist bumps my hand.

"Katy was a good fuck in bed, wouldn't miss that shit for the world. Too bad she moved to Canada." Ashton says closing his eyes and smiling as to remember the thought.

She was really good in bed, wouldn't be surprised if she became a prostitute she would get a load of money. I'd actually pay for her flight to come back to England just to have sex with me.

She was mine and Ashton's fuck buddy until she moved away, then Tiffany came along. Ashton had only slept with her a couple of times.

It seemed like he started to sleep with less people, I had a feeling it was because he had an eye on one particular girl.

As for Jay, he was different to us all. He was the mature one eventhough he was the youngest. He still had a rebel side to him but he isn't the type to sleep around. You could go to him to talk about your problems and he would sit there and listen. I don't think he's gay but I'm sure he's been crushing on a girl for a while now.

"I think Grayson genuinely likes Hazel, there's something about her that intrigues us all. For me I'd like to understand her." Jay says now hitting the ball at the wall and catching it.

I'd like to feel her inside me. I thought.

Woah woah woah! Easy there tiger.

"Well he needs to get the fuck back, I've already claimed her as mine."

"You can't claim her she's not a toy Jace, and besides you've already shown you're not interested in her by dating Tiffany." Jay says.

"I'm not actually dating her I've already established this."

"So in other words you're just using her. I'm not an expert at love but I'm sure making someone jealous doesn't get the girl to love you."

"What the fuck man! This isn't love Ash. I don't do love. I'd like to have sex with her but she's more than just sex. There is something different about her...fucking hell guys I don't know what I'm doing." I say sighing leaning back in my chair putting my legs on the table.

"Break the whatever you have with Tiffany, talk to Hazel and ask to start over. Simple." Ash says.

"Yeah and that's only if she'll forgive me. I was an arsehole to her today."

"Just apologise to her. I'm sur-" Jay is cut off when Grayson barges in the room laughing on the phone.

As soon as he sees me I can immediately tell there's something wrong. Anger? Upset?... Guilt? Guilty about what?

"I'm at detention I'll have to go... alright bye." Gray says as he avoids eye contact with us and sits down at the left side of the table in front of Jay.

"Bro, where have you been?" Ash asks meaning forward in his chair.

Gray looks up at us all and shifts uncomfortably in his chair.

"I was with-" Gray stops as he debates whether to tell us.

"Alright don't get mad Jace, but I was with...Hazel."

I feel anger build up and I clench my fists to stop me from ripping his face off.

"There's something you're keeping from me. What is it?" I say grinding my teeth.

"We...we kissed." Gray says rubbing his chin.

"And I know you're mad but it just happened. I kissed her but I realised I was doing something wrong so I pulled away but she pulled me back."

Mad was an understatement, I was fuming! How dare he fucking kiss my girl. But why the fuck did she kiss him back?

"As much as I want to rip your face off I won't because at the end of the day you're my boy. But I'm not fucking happy, you knew I wanted her. "

"I know dude but you were getting with Tiffany, so I didn't think much about it."

I sigh rubbing a hand over my face.

"When the fuck do we ever let a girl get in between of our friendship?"

"I don't know mate. But I'll stop whatever me and Hazel have going on. I can tell she has some sort of crush on you, she talks about you more than she thinks she does. I can see the jealousy in her eyes, but it isn't pulling her towards you. It's more of the opposite. She doesn't try and win the affection like the other girls do."

This is exactly what I mean, she's unique. She doesn't beg for the attention. There is probably some other girls who don't, but they are scared of me. Unlike Hazel she doesn't care who she's talking to, especially on the first day. She's like a female version of me.

"I agree, we've talked a few times. She didn't come here for a relationship especially after her last one. She's not ready to get hurt again." Jay says as he stops throwing the ball.

I'd be a better boyfriend than that prick would ever be. Even if Ryder was tricked or not. I'd take her out to an expensive restaurant, buy her gifts. Take her to wherever she wants to go, as along as she has a great time and she's happy.

But the question is do I like her? Am I ready to date?

"Mate of course you like her, you get jealous at any guy who talks to her. You was mad at me for Christ sake. Just fucking talk to the girl before you lose her. Win her trust or something." Grayson says.

Shit, I said that out loud.

"Alright I'll break it off with Tiffany and I will apologise to Hazel. And I'm sorry man for snapping at you." I say looking at Gray.

"Nah mate I'm sorry for kissing your soon to be girlfriend. Bros?" Gray says putting his fist out.

"Bros." I say bumping my fist with his.

"Alright don't know why we're still here, Mr Potter is totally banging Miss Lawrenson. He won't be back until the end. You still up for guys night on Friday at mine?"

They all sniggered and said yeah. We all then left the room.

I'll talk to Hazel tomorrow.

******