Chapter 17: The sister

As I walked onto the beach I feel the cold sand go through my feet. To be honest I don't really like the beach. I hate going in the sea and getting salty water in my eye and mouth, then coming out and having sand stuck to my feet. I hate it. However the scenery is nice to look at.

I feel someone's hand touch my side, I look up to see Jace.

"Come on the guys are over here." I nod my head and follow.

After squeezing through half bare bodies, we reach the guys. They're all shirtless wearing trunks except Jay, he's wearing trunks with a plain black tank top. I feel like he's the most mature one even though he's the youngest.

"Yooo long time, haven't seen." Ashton slurs walking over to me, putting his arm round my shoulder.

"It's long time, no see." Grayson says.

"It's literraally the same thiing." Ashton says leaning towards Grayson and flicking him on the forehead, Grayson whacks his hand away rubbing his head.

"How are you already drunk when the party started at 7:30?" I say looking up at Ashton as he's a couple feet higher.

"Me and the boys drank before the party." After hearing what he said, I snap my head to Jace quickly.

"You didn't drink before you picked me up did you?"

"I only had a can of beer. Don't worry I wasn't drink driving, also it takes me quite sometime to get drunk." I sighed in relief.

I never want to be in a car with someone who has drank over the limit to drive, only if a sober person was driving.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, it was Jay holding 2 shots, he gives one to me and I say thank you. I look over and see the guys have one in their hands.

"Wait I'm not drinking tonight." I say realising.

"Oh come on, a shot won't do anything." Jace say.

"Fine then."

"To my sick ass party, and the sexy Hazel Brook." Ashton shouts putting the glass in the air, then takes the shot. We all do the same.

Ashton winks at me before taking the shot, I chuckle shaking my head. I look at Jace, he's glaring at Grayson and Ashton.

"Oh come on it's true." I say to Jace chuckling. "Just look at me who wouldn't want this." I twirling around.

I can see he's trying to not smile, as the side of his mouth starts to go up, but before you could see the revealed smile. He goes straight to a blank face.

~

It's been 2 hours since me and Jace came to the party. All I have been doing is getting to know more about the guys, and dancing with them. Me and Grayson had a dance together, like always Jace wasn't happy. He went off somewhere when I was dancing with Grayson.

Ashton has been trying to make me drink, but I was able to control myself and not do it.

After been dancing for so long, I decide I need a drink. (Not alcohol.) As I'm walking to the drink section someone bashes into me.

"Fucking watch where you're going." I say turning to the person.

"Shit I'm sorry I- Hey Hazel! Thought you wasn't coming."

I pull a confused look. Do I know her? I then recognise the red hair it's Rosie. She's wearing a plain white playsuit, with some white flats.

"Oh hey Rosie, yeah I wasn't supposed to come but Jace convinced me." She nods her head.

"Are you and Jace like a thing?" I almost choked on my own spit.

"What! No it's only been like 4 days."

"Well you never know, it could be love at first sight like Romeo and Juliet."

"I don't believe in that love at first sight shit."

"Suit yourself." She says smirking. I was about to say something until a girl runs up to Rosie.

"Omg Rosie he's over there I couldn't talk to him though." A girl says excitedly.

The girl has dark brown hair, and is wearing a pink polka dot dress with nude sandals.

"Christina you see him like almost everyday, you should be able to talk to him now."

"I know but it's only like hello's and goodbye's."

"Well we will need to work on you talking more."

The girl named 'Christina' turns to me.

"Aren't you that new girl errmm...Har...Ha...-"

"Hazel." Rosie says.

"Yeah that."

"And you are?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Christina Kingston, we go to the same school."

"Kingston? Are you by any chance Jace's sister?" I say realising the similar features on her face.

"Yeah I'm the prettiest one out of the both of us." I nod slowly.

Yep definitely Jace's sister with that ego.

"I'm surprised you haven't seen me around school."

"I'm not, I don't really pay attention to people around me." They chuckle.

"So have you made any friends since you've been here?"

"Well I've talked to a few people, but I wouldn't class them as my friends. But I have met Jace's mates, they're sort of my friend."

"Has any of them tried getting with you like Jay?" She asks, her eyes filling with curiosity.

"No...why?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Oh because he's taken...ish well he will be, soon hopefully." A flash of hope crosses through her eyes.

Does she like him?

I think Rosie understood what I was thinking about, as she starts to look at Christina then back at me nodding her head. I smirk understanding.

"You like him don't you?" She scoffs trying to play it cool.

"What! No!" She says blushing.

"Oh stop playing Christina you do." Rosie says nudging her.

She gives in. "Yes I do but you can't tell him or my brother, he'll kill him and me."

"I won't tell him." I say putting my hands up in surrender. "Yet." I mutter under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing." I say smiling.

"So where is my brother then?" Christina asks looking around.

"I don't kn-" In the middle of speaking, when my eyes catch Jace kissing the girl at the café last Saturday near the fire. Tiffany or Brittany I think? For some reason I feel a pang of hurt and anger.

Am I jealous? It's his life he can kiss who ever he wants. Like I said 'we don't know each other well.' It's been 4 days for goodness sake.

I fixed my eyes back on the girls as people block the sight.

"I don't know where he is." I say shrugging my shoulders putting on a fake smile.

*********