Chapter 16: We don't know each other well

After I have a nice warm bath, I wrap a towel around myself. I walked to my wardrobe, and look for some clothes. After 10 minutes of debating if I should wear a dress or a top and shorts, I finally pick out an outfit.

 After 10 minutes of debating if I should wear a dress or a top and shorts, I finally pick out an outfit

I blow-dry my hair, and put it in a fishtail plait.

I put on some mascara and eyeliner on my water-line, and put on a nude lipstick.

The bitch from my old school also known as my ex best friend Casey, would ask me why I don't wear foundation and all that crap. I just said it's too much effort, like I haven't got time to paint my face with powder. Putting mascara and eyeliner on, takes less time for me.

The reason why I called her a bitch was because she knew Ryder was hooking up with the cheerleader, Jasmine. Jasmine was good friends with Casey, they started getting closer as soon as me and Casey were drifting apart.

Not sure what's wrong with me and people, but it seems like they never stayed with me. It's been like that since day one, when my father left when I was a baby.

I think the reason why my friends stopped hanging out with me, was because I was too busy with school work. I was a good girl back then, scared to get a detention or fail tests. I gradually stopped caring when I was with Ryder, I still did my homework. It was just my attitude, I started being a bit bitchy to people. Maybe that's why me and Casey were drifting away, probably the reason why she never told me about Jasmine sleeping with Ryder.

But I still don't know why Ryder cheated on me, I never gave him the chance to explain himself. It's like why does he need to explain it, he cheated. What's done is done.

After doing my make up, I grab my house keys and my phone. I check the time. 6:47. I must of been in the bath for a long time.

I go downstairs and sit in the living room. To pass time, I decide to go on social media's.

Jace finally came, he turned up 10 minutes late. Him and the guys were helping Ashton set the party up.

Now I'm in the car with Jace driving down to the beach. Jace was telling me more about him. His favourite colour is black. (Which I told him that it's not a colour but a shade.) He loves football, children, and much rather have KFC than McDonald. Also he has a sister called Christina.

"My parents are happily married, my mother is a nurse."

"Nurse?" I say eyes widen.

"Yes?" He says raising an eyebrow.

"My mum is a nurse too. Do you think they work at the same place?"

"Most likely too as we live near a hospital."

"Hmm. What does your dad do?" I say nodding my head.

"He's a lawyer."

"No wonder where you get the cash for this car, they both have good jobs."

"Do you know how to drive yet?"

"Yes I learnt how to drive when I turned 16, which reminds me why are you driving a car? Your not old enough."

"I am." Jace says looking at me for a second before looking back at the road. I give him a confused look.

"No your not. You wouldn't be in school unless your born in like September or something."

"I'm nearly 18, my birthday is in a month."

"What!"

"Yeah I got held back a year. I became reckless when my grandad died. I started sleeping around, getting in fights, setting the fire alarms off."

"Wow i'm only 16, 17 in like 4 months."

"I hated being 16, couldn't buy my own alcohol, not being able to go into clubs. All that crap."

"So how did you and the guys meet then?"

"Grayson and Ashton had to also stay behind. They were just as bad as myself. I grew up with them, so they were always with me getting in trouble. We met Jay in detention, when we moved into his year, he's 16 like you."

"That's good you have someone who's been with you since you was little, everyone ended up leaving me when I was with Ryder."

"Was Ryder a bad influence?"

"Yes, I lost my best friend because of him."

"What happened?"

I told Jace how Ryder cheated on me, and what Casey did. The look on his face showed he was angry.

"It annoys me that I wasn't there, would of destroyed them all. I know we don't know each other well, but when I click with people I become possessive over them. If someone was to beat my guys up, I'd be there to stick up for them and beat the shit out of the person who dares to cross them."

"Nice to know you care for them and would for me."

"It's alright. Oh look finally we're here."

I look out of the window, there's a lot of people. In the distance I can see that there is a fire, with some people around it. The faded music starts to become louder as we come closer. Quite a lot of people are dancing, talking and a few people are sticking their tongues down people's throat.

Nice..

Jace parks at the side of the road and we take off our seat belts. He looks at me.

"Let's get drunk."

"Ha no. No no no I'm not suffering a hangover tomorrow."

"Fine then you can look after me." I shake my head.

"No I don't want to be mama bear at this party."

"So you're gonna let me get reckless and kiss girls?"

"Well yes? Should I be bother?"

"At me kiss girls? Yes you should be jealous that your not kissing my soft nice lips."

I shrug my shoulders.

"You live your life boo, why should I be bothered about you kissing girls. It's your life, and like you said 'we don't know each other well.' So it would be pointless if I got jealous."

Jace shakes his head slowly frowning. "True." I smirk.

"Now let's go." I say getting out of the car, Jace following shorty after.

*********