Chapter 20: Backstabber

After staring at him in shock for about a couple of minutes which feels like forever I finally say something.

"What!?"

"Yeah you heard me, you cheated on me too with some guy on the football team at the party. You kissed him which made me want to get back at you."

"No I didn't. Who told you this."

"Casey." The ex best friend aka the bitch.

"That vile bitch lied to you! I never kissed anyone. How could you believe her after all the lies she's spread through the year?"

"She was pretty convincing as the guy even said he kissed some dark haired girl."

"Yeah because she must have kissed him, she has dark hair just like me. People even said we could be sister's so he must have been mixed up. He was drunk wasn't he?"

Thinking this through, you could see he's starting to feel guilty.

"Yeah he was. You guys did look similar, especially from the back with your hair."

"I don't understand why you never told me this, why you didn't tell me when you was trying to explain."

"The keyword is 'trying' you wouldn't let me explain."

"Well I'm sorry I was trying to put myself back together as it felt like my life had fallen apart. You could have told me before you was moving."

"Casey told me not to bother as you would lie."

I give him 'are you serious?' look.

"Are you dumb or are you dumb? I've never lied to you in our relationship or anyone at the time because that was not me. I don't understand how you believed her. She knew if you asked me I'd say no and you would hopefully believe me. She'd then get caught in all her lies when we'd confront her."

"I was always dumb, I always failed my tests and I would get you to help me. But you're dumb for staying friends with Casey at the time."

I sigh. "True at least I don't have to see that bitch. She's lucky I'm at a different school finding out about this or I would of kick her flat arse."

We both laugh at the thought.

I get my phone out to check the time. 10:34.

"Shit we've been in here for over 30 minutes, we've got like half an hour left of English." I say grabbing my bag I must had dropped on the floor.

"Can't be arsed going in anyway."

"Same but we've gotta go." I say opening the door and looking down at the quiet hallway.

"Still got your goodie side." He says smiling as I glare at him.

"I'm kinda glad we got to talk or I wouldn't have known the shit you told me. No wonder why people were calling me a whore."

He looked at me shocked as we walked to English.

"They said that?" I nod my head.

We reach English and walk in not bothering to knock.

"Why are you two late?"

"Why are you so nosey?" I reply back getting the class giggling.

"Excuse me!"

"You're excused." I say sitting in a chair.

Her cheeks start to get red.

"What were you doing?"

"Your mum." Ryder says. This then makes the whole class burst out laughing.

"BOTH OF YOU GET OUT NOW! GO TO THE PRINCIPLE!" She shouts out pointing to the door.

Wouldn't have thought my first time getting into trouble at this school would be with Ryder. But then again he kinda had made me like this.

I get up and we both walk out, not before shouting dickhead to her as she closed the door.

"Fuck that was funny. 'You're mum'. Good one." I say laughing.

"I hate her, she always picks on me."

"Well you do like to wind people up."

He nods his head in agreement.

"True."

"We're going to get into so much trouble."

"Nah the principle is a chilled dude. He won't be mad."

We stop outside of Principle Jackson's office, when we knock we hear a 'come in'.

We walk in and I see a dark skinned man sitting at his desk, he looks like he's in his forties.

"Great to see you again Andre." Ryder says crashing onto one of the chairs in front of the desk.

Why does he know his name?

"What have you done now boy?" Mr Jackson says sighing.

"Why do you always think I've done something wrong? Maybe I just want to come and see you." He says smirking.

"When you're supposed to be in lesson?" He says raising his eye brow.

Ryder nods laying further in the chair.

"Hello. You must be Miss Brook, I've seen that you were 2 hours late?." He says holding a hand out for me to shake, I gladly shake his hand.

"Yes I was sorry, I slept through my alarm."

"It's better late than never." I nod in agreement.

"That Miss Lloyd is a right pain in my-"

"Language!" Mr Jackson says glaring at Ryder.

He puts his hands up in surrender.

"What? I was going to say pain in my butt."

Mr Jackson rolls his eyes.

"So what did you guys do?"

"We came into class like 30 minutes late and miss starts asking us some stupid questions like why are we late? Or what were we doing?"

"It's not stupid, it's serious. What would happened if there was a fire? We wouldn't know where you two would be." Mr Jackson says leaning in his chair.

"But you don't need to ask us the questions when no fire alarm went off. If it went off just then we would be with the class. Safe and sound."

Mr Jackson shakes his head.

"Anyway I won't give you guys isolation, but I will give you both detention you may leave my office."

"Cheers Andre." Ryder says jumping out of his chair and walks towards me as I stand by the door.

"Mr Jackson to you, and try and not talk back to teachers please." He says raising his eyebrows.

"You literally wasted your breath saying that, you know I'll still do it."

He chuckles and nods.

That was our queue to leave.

*********