Been Awhile

Lucy POV

It's been two years since Natsu left. I've been counting everyday. In fact exactly today he has been gone for 750 days. So exactly two years and twenty days. Ugh! I need to stop counting!

You'd think that after all this time I would've forgotten about him but no! It's not like I haven't tried.

After a year of him being gone I found a different guy. His name was Sting. He was the one Natsu fought in the Grand Magic Games. But after about two months of dating we knew that both of us couldn't be in the relationship anymore. I had a secret and he did too.

He found a girl named Yukino (who I fought in the Grand Magic Games) and she is super nice. They are both wizards from Sabertooth! Which makes me feel like Sting only dated me to make her jealous.

And Yukino is a celestial wizard like me! Actually it's quite funny because Sting is a dragon-slayer. Which then lead me to thinking about Natsu and me.

This whole situation was driving me insane! When he said he needed time I didn't think that he meant more than two years or that he was actually going to leave Magnolia with Happy!

The guild is just so empty without them. It's boring. Even Gray says he wishes Natsu was here so that they could fight.

In fact Gray and I made a promise that when Natsu gets back he's gonna get a piece of our minds. For more reasons then one.

I'm just so mad at him for leaving! Like why did he? We could've gotten everything figured out but no. Now everything is just more complicated!

He breaks my heart a little bit each day he's gone. I can't help wondering what would be different if he were here and I can't tell you how many countless hours I've spent crying over that idiot!

I thought I could move on but like I said I can't.

I'm currently at the guild sitting at the bar next to Gray and Juvia. Who are currently dating and make me sick because of it. I mean their relationship is so perfect! Natsu! I hate you! I just wanted to scream it in his face.

But I knew that when I did see his face I would never say that.

I was bored out of my mind. I just sat staring at the back room's door. It was surprisingly interesting. With all its no design and all brown wood looks.

I was also listening to Juvia and Gray's conversation. They tried to add me in the conversation. But when I just answered with one word five times they stopped trying.

Suddenly the doors to the guild opened. Then two figures walked in. It took my mind a while to process as the person was Natsu and the other person was a cat. Happy.

"We're finally back!" Natsu and Happy cheered. I couldn't face them. How could they have just come back at this time I wasn't expecting them for at least another couple weeks. But who am I kidding I had no idea when they'ed come back.

I silently slipped out the back door and ran to my house.

Natsu POV

We're finally back!" Happy and I cheered. Before long everyone else was cheering too. Everybody ran up to us.

I felt bad because Romeo had tears in his eyes. So I guess I was missed then.

I got tons of hugs from everyone even Erza. She was freakishly mad at me though. Me and Gray even hugged. But that was more of a guy hug. Well that's how it was with all the guys.

Everybody was glad to see I was alive and many were also mad at me for leaving unannounced. Even Happy got hugs from Lily and even Carla. Which I guess is not very surprising.

I guess it was pretty hard on everyone when we left. I didn't think it would effect the guild this much. Even Makarov was crying.

Mira decided that she was going to hold a party at the guild in honor of my return. That was fine by me! I love being celebrated!

The party would take place tomorrow evening. We could also have dates! Wait. Dates. Lucy!

Ugh! I'm such an idiot! She's all I've thought about and yet I didn't even realize that she wasn't here.

I walked over to Mira.

"Hey have you seen Lucy?" I asked and she giggled.

"Um she was here but I guess she could've left before you got here." She said tapping her chin.

The possibility of her leaving because I got here killed me. 

Well I guess I'm off to go find Lucy.

Hey! Thanks for reading! This is the first chapter of my second book and I'm pretty proud of it.

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes. Or any mistakes in general!