Explaining

Natsu POV

Before I knew what was happening I heard voices then people shove through the nearly closed door.

To my relief it was only my small group, who I had told to stay outside, and well a really mad Erza, but that I couldn't explain.

She smiled though when she saw Lucy and instantly wrapped her in a hug. Lucy however did not return the hug and looked absolutely horrified of the red head. Erza looked at the blond confused as if saying after not seeing me for a couple of days this is the welcome I get?

I was just strait down annoyed.

"So what are you guys doing in here? Especially after I specifically told you to stay outside?" I asked my arms folded.

"Natsu, those words are too big for you," levy laughed.

"They are not!" I said blushing because levy was embarrassing me in front of Lucy. I mean this is technically my first impression on Lucy.

I looked over at Lucy, she was staring, no, glaring at levy. It took me by surprise. Then I heard levy squeal her name and jump on her.

Lucy POV

"Natsu, those words are too big for you," some girl laughed. She was short and had short blue hair held back with a headband.

There were two thoughts running through my head, one being that she looks so familiar and the second that she just laughed at Natsu and made him blush. He did say I was his girlfriend right?

I forgot the first thought and immediately started thinking about who this girl was, but I didn't have any time before she shouted my name and lunged at me.

Of course I defended myself. I swiftly kicked her in the stomach and she fell to the floor.

"Ow, Lucy, what was that for?" She said tears of pain in her eyes as she rubbed her stomach. Natsu was at my side in a second before everybody started shouting out their own questions.

"Guys!" He shouted but nobody seemed to have heard him, "guys!" He yelled and everybody stopped and looked at him.

Many looked at me too as I was now cowering behind Natsu.

"Lucy?" A short old man asked sadly.

"I'm sorry," I said shaking my head, "but, should I know you?" After those words escaped my mouth I heard a sob from the group. It was the short blue headed girl.

"L-Lucy!" She said shaking her head and rubbing her tears, but they wouldn't stop. She stood up quickly and hugged me before I could push her away.

I was going to push her though until I remembered that first thought I had when I first saw her. When I looked at her one thought came to mind. I didn't think it was hers but it must mean something to her so I said it.

"Gageel." Everyone gasped and levy smiled weakly. I looked up at Natsu to see his reaction, he reddened from anger.

"So you remember that idiot but not me!" He shouted, then paused and looked at the small girl still clinging to me. "Lucy wasn't with Gageel at all while I was gone, right?" He asked seriously but stopped and looked at me when I slapped him.

"Ow!" He proclaimed, "Lucy? Stop hitting people!" He shouted holding his cheek.

"Aw be quiet, it wasn't even that hard." I said looking at the girl in front of me now smiling brightly. What's with that?

"I haven't seen you guys like this in awhile, it's nice to know she cares for you even when she doesn't know you!" She cheered backing away and clapping her hands. I looked at Natsu suspiciously. What does she mean in awhile. And cares for him? What?

"You got that she cares for me from that?" He said surprised. Then sighed, "I guess you did hit me a lot." He scratched his head while smiling sheepishly. But I had my own questions now.

"First off, can I know all of your names?" I asked looking at the rest of the group that hadn't spoken in awhile.

"I'm Erza." The red headed girl spoke coming closer to me, "and this is-"

"Jellal, its great to see you Lucy" Jellal said cutting off Erza. She playfully hit him and he smirked. They look so cute together. I turned to the short old man.

"I'm Makorav, but you kids usually call me gramps. I'm the guild master of fairy tail." He said smiling. That's when I realized all their guild marks. On instinct I looked towards my hand, nothing was there, but I don't really know what I was looking for.

"I'm levy," the blue heard girl said, "and Gageel is my boyfriend." She sounded proud but in love, so I couldn't call her a love-rival after all. As I thought that another name came to mind, whose Juvia? But before I could ask I heard Natsu.

"Wait! James is here!" He nearly screamed. What an idiot! Weren't we just talking about him! "That that ugh! There are so many different names I want to call him right now!" Natsu grumbled, then turned to me. "And he kidnapped you!" He paced around yanking on his head. He then suddenly stopped and looked at me his eyes nearly in tears. "Luce, I-I'm so sorry. I-I should've been there! I shouldn't have left, and now you don't know me! But Luce oh Luce, I love you."

He stopped and walked closer to me. "Oh man do I love you." He grabbed my hands. I was way to shocked to pull away, my face was bright red but he only seemed to hold a pink tint, and I didn't really comprehend what was happening before I felt him wrap an arm around my waist and put his hand behind my head, he pulled me in close and fast, then I felt something amazing.

He was kissing me. Kissing. Me. I squealed in the inside but nearly melted on the outside as my knees buckled, but I didn't fall. Huh how could I when Natsu was holding onto me like I might disappear.

Wait! Why am I letting him do this! If James saw-. Wait why do I care about him? He stole me from Natsu! No! He saved me and loves me and I'm just cheating on him! But Natsu can't be lying! It's not like he can alter my feelings! Can he? I pushed him away finally.

It had probably been a little less then a minute. Natsu was not mad but not happy, he looked kind of dazed almost.

"No matter how many times I kiss you it's like the first time each time. Your amazing Luce." He said running his hand on the side of my face. That's also kind of bothering me, the way he calls me Luce.

"Luce?" I asked confused. He seemed to remember the situation at that moment and took a step back clearing his throat, and boy was he blushing.

"U-uh yeah," he stuttered scratching the back of his neck, "I always call you Luce, but only me." He answered still red.

"Hey Natsu," I asked looking at my hands. Natsu replied yes for me to continue. "Do I love you?" I made eye contact with him, neither of us would look away. At first his face was a tomato then it turned only slightly red as he smiled assuringly but almost sadly. He slowly walked closer to me again and grabbed my hands never breaking eye contact, he answered.

"Yes" he said it so sternly but softly, it took me a minute to realize his answer.

At least I knew one thing for certain, I love Natsu Dragneel.

Hey it's been awhile, but here's a new chapter. I hope you enjoy it, comment and like.