Present Time

Natsu POV

It's been a week and I still can't believe it. Her last words kept ringing in my head and yet I couldn't stop feeling angry when I heard them.

I remember she had said and I love you I still couldn't move on. I hated thinking about how this was all my fault. If only I hadn't left in the first place.

I stared at the window that was starting to fill with light. Being in my old house felt weird, and even weirder still because happy wasn't here. I sighed remembering how I had shut everyone out after we got back to the guild.

I had carried Lucy's body back and am not afraid to say I cried the whole time, but when we got home I said goodbye and had left here, giving happy strict orders to give me space. Now it's been a week and I haven't seen anyone but my disgusting self.

I thought back to when gray came to tell me that they had held Lucy's funeral. I hadn't shown up but you could bet that I knew when it was supposed to take place. He sounded sad when he was about to say something else but instead shook his head and said he was sorry. I hadn't listened to him, and I'm only slightly angry now that I hadn't, but I seriously doubt anything he could've said would have changed anything.

I rubbed my hand against my eyes and decided that I should go and see Lucy today that maybe seeing her grave would remind me that she's not truly gone. But I got mad when I felt the tears start running down my face as if mocking me. She's not coming back! She's dead! You killed her! Remember? They all screamed as they ran down my cheeks and reminding me for the billionth time that morning already.

I screamed out as if willing them to stop, but of course they didn't. They only seemed fueled by my sadness. I finally stopped trying to wipe them away, knowing that all my effort was going to waste.

I got up and walked out the door. No day would be the right day, so what's the difference. I started on the trail to town and once I got there I made a sharp turn toward the cemetery.

I remember taking this trail a lot to visit Lissana's grave but that was nothing likes this. I knew what love was now. I never loved Lissana.

But it was also different because lissana was right inside the guild doors. I could see her, the real her today. I'd never see Lucy. Her body is underneath the ground, for good.

I don't know how my body was still crying, wasn't it dried up yet? I groaned angrily and ran my hands over my face as a last resort to make them stop.

"It's been a week for goodness sake! Just let me be!" I hissed at her grave. But I wasn't mad at her. I fell to my knees. "Please forgive me! Just come back! I'll protect you this time! I promise! I promise."

I couldn't get up so I just sat there my face blank with waterfalls. I started at the grave for the first time and my breath hitched.

Lucy Heartfilia
"Loving daughter, sister and mother,
Her family Fairy Tail will miss her
May she forever Rest In Peace"

What? I struggled forward rubbing my fingers over the word mother. She never mentioned this. But I wasn't angry at her, how could I be. Whoever she had a baby with doesn't matter maybe something happened to the baby, she couldn't have been with someone because she came right back to me and she's not that type.

For one quick second I imagined myself the father and smiled for the first time in awhile. Then I saddened at the idea of that poor child parentless. Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, maybe they simply meant something like her taking care of Wendy, or something.