Natsu's Nightmare

Natsu POV

I didn't know what to do I was surrounded on all sides by at least ten men. They were all mages and looked very strong. Happy was nowhere in sight.

I looked at one of the guys arms and saw their guild mark.

I already knew they were a dark guild but I forgot the name. As soon as I saw the tattoo I knew.

This was the Red Jokers guild house.

But what I heard next scared me most. The intercom rang out through the hallway. Followed was a laugh an ugly nasty one.

"Natsu! So glad you could join us! But before you do anything crazy I want you to hear something!" His voice was scratchy and deep. He paused a minute then talked again. This time he was mad.

"Talk! You ugly girl!" Then I heard a girl scream. Not any girl.

"LUCY!" I screamed sitting up in bed. I was dripping with sweat. I instantly checked for Lucy.

I let out a long sigh of relief when I saw her fast asleep beside me. She started to stir and finally woke up. She rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"What time is it?" She looked out her window and found it was still dark. Then she turned back to me a slight frown visible on her face.

"Natsu? Are you okay?" She asked putting her hand to my forehead. She looked me up and down. I felt the sweat run down my face.

"Yeah just a nightmare." I sighed. I still saw the dream. It wouldn't leave my head. I kept hearing Lucy scream, again and again.

"Promise me that nothing bad will happen to you." Lucy said stroking my cheek.

"Okay I promise. But also that I won't let anything happen to you either." I said and she smiled knowing it was true.

"Okay, goodnight." Lucy yawned as she laid back down.

After a couple seconds she sat back up and looked at me. She grabbed my shirt and pulled me down too.

She snuggled into my chest and was instantly asleep. I looked down at her and realized that if my dream were to come true, there was nothing I wouldn't do to save her.

I leaned over and kissed her forehead. She smiled slightly and I whispered,

"Good night." Then I was fast asleep with Lucy in my arms.

Lucy POV

I woke up to Natsu slightly snoring. I giggled but he didn't wake. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

I was going to get dressed but didn't feel like I needed to dress up so I just slipped on a huge t-shirt and kept my pajama shorts on.

I knew Natsu liked pancakes. Well he actually likes everything. But I'll go with pancakes.

I had just finished making my sixth pancake when Natsu walked into the kitchen.

He came and hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek. I giggled as he sniffed the air and smiled.

"Well it smells great so it must taste great too!" He said as I handed him his plate of six pancakes. I finished cooking two and ate those myself.

"Wow Luce! I didn't know you could cook!" He said finishing his last pancake.

"Yeah." I said and smiled. I had needed to learn while he was gone. Natsu sat up and pulled me with him.

Once we were both up he pulled me into an embrace.

"Thank you for breakfast." He said as he leaned in for a kiss. It was a short one but I expected it to be longer so it was kinda embarrassing.

Natsu laughed.

"Wow Lucy. If you wanted it longer you just had to say so." He said then laughed again.

My face was so red. I wanted to go hide under a rock. But Natsu took my face in his hand and kissed me again. This time longer.

"How was that?" He said smirking.

"Great." I sighed before realizing that it was a rhetorical question. Once again he was laughing.

"I didn't remember you this funny!" He hugged me tighter. "Or this cute!"

My face was hotter than the sun and probably brighter too. I felt him start to slip away as he walked toward the bed.

He went, grabbed his clothes, than headed straight for the bathroom.

I sighed blissfully. Natsu was so cute! Man I love him.

Natsu got out of the bathroom. I looked up to see his hair crazier than usual. So he did have bed hair. It made me giggle which made him smirk.

"What's so funny?" He asked jokingly.

"Oh nothing. Your just really cute!" I said and he actually blushed. He scratched at the back of his neck and looked down.

"Natsu?" He looked up. "I love you!" I said and he smiled.

"I love you too." He smiled. Oh his famous smile!

Soon we were both ready and we headed toward the guild. I was the happiest I've ever been in years and yet, I felt like something was wrong.

I didn't want it to ruin my good day so I pushed it away. Today was going to be the best day of my life.

Or so I thought...

Hey! How was the chapter? Sorry it wasn't very long, but then again my average story is 800-900 words and this one was more than 900!

So yay! Thank you for reading and I hope the next chapter will be out soon!

Sorry about the stupid ending but I hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to my next chapter as much as I am!