Dreams Coming True

Natsu POV

When we got to the guild Lucy ran straight to Levy. They talked and Lucy gave Levy her book making her squeal and draw attention. They giggled and I shook my head.

Lucy saw me and we made eye contact. As Levy talked Lucy stared at me until she smiled and winked. I blushed. Not a lot!

She turned back to Levy and I walked up to the bar without realizing that someone else was there that I had been waiting for.

I had a stupid grin on my face and the blush was still there or at least I think it was because my face still felt hot.

Then someone laughed.

"What's with the grin?" The guy asked wiggling his eyebrows. "Finally decided to come home I see." He continued as he took a sip of his drink.

It took me a long time to register him. I knew his face his voice and yet he looked different. I felt like an idiot once I remembered his name. He looked older.

"Gildarts!" I cried then remembered why I wanted to see him. "Gildarts?" He raised an eyebrow but looked amused as he tried to play along.

"Natsu?" He said then smirked. "This is the welcome I get! I haven't seen you in two years!" He said surprising me.

"Right. Well. Welcome back then. " I said rolling my eyes.

"I guess I could say the same thing to you." He said taking another sip of what looked like beer.

"Hey I've got some questions for you." I said putting my elbow on the table and my head in my hand.

"Yeah?" He said looking over at me. "I've got some questions for you too." Then he sat and listened to what I had to say.

I soon as I was about to say it I realized how babyish it sounded.

"Well. What things have you been talking about with, Lucy, my girlfriend?" I said now raising my eyebrow. He sighed.

"Mostly you." He said plainly. "Especially stuff about when you were younger." He laughed.

"Like what?" I asked worried. "It better have been the truth." I said and he just smirked.

"Well why didn't you ask her?" He asked clearly amused with my desperation.

"Because I wanted to hear it from you." I said crossing my arms and closing my eyes stubbornly. All of a sudden I felt someone sit in my lap.

I opened my eyes to see Lucy. She giggled when my face went red. She moved and sat in the chair between Gildarts and me.

"Sorry, Levy dared me to do it." She said blushing harder than I was. Gildarts just laughed.

"Trust me. We only talked about you." He said as Lucy's face became redder by the second. Mine too.

"Well. I just wanted to know more about you." Lucy said looking down. "And Gildarts, I figured knew a lot so I just spent a lot of time with him to talk about you."

Now I felt bad.

"Luce if you wanted to know more about me than you could've just asked." I said and she looked up at me.

"But. I didn't know when I'd see you again or if I would ever see you again." She said. I didn't want her to cry so instead I surprised her by hugging her. She softened in my arms and just laid on my shoulder.

Gildarts just smiled and walked away.

Lucy POV

Natsu hugged me and I calmed down. I really didn't want to cry today. When I sat up again Gildarts was gone. Natsu was smiling. I smiled back.

"So what did you guys talk about?" He asked now having a better understanding of the situation.

"Well we talked about you when you first came to the guild. Gildarts was saying how you and Gray fought all the time so I guess nothing has changed there." I said then giggled.

Natsu just seemed annoyed.

"Who cares about Gray? I mean sure we did fight all the time but that's only because he didn't believe that my dad was a dragon." Natsu said stubbornly.

"Well yeah and we also talked about how you and Lissana were great friends." I said. I knew that they didn't have feelings for each other anymore because, Natsu is with me and Lissana was with Bixlow. I think their relationship is adorable.

"Yeah I guess we were." He then laughed. "At one point I think we were talking about mirage." Well that I didn't know.

I kind if frowned at the thought. So they were really close. Why does this make me jealous?

"Hey Lucy are you okay?"Natsu asked after looking at my face. Then he laughed. "Are you jealous?" He smirked.

"Psh. No!" I said turing my head so he couldn't see me.

"Oh come on!" He said grabbing my hand. "Let's go."

"Where?" I asked wondering if he had a plan.

"Anywhere!" He replied. "But I need to go talk to someone first." Then he was off. I got up and walked to the doors.

I made eye contact with Natsu as he was talking to Gray about something. I pointed to the door signaling that I'd be waiting for him outside. He nodded and I walked outside.

But I was met with something unpleasant.

Natsu POV

I nodded to Gray.

"Thanks Gray. I think she'll love it." I said looking towards the door.

"Don't thank me! Thank Juvia! It was mostly her." Gray explained and Juvia reddened. But there was something about gray that I couldn't place. He had this look every time that he made eye contact with Lucy yesterday. It was as if he were telling her to say something, but every time she would shake her head.

I waved then walked out of the guild doors. But Lucy wasn't there. I looked around but didn't see her.

I finally decided that she probably headed home. But when I got there she wasn't there either.

I found a note on the counter expecting it to be Lucy's. It wasn't. It read-

"We have Lucy, Natsu. So come and get her and face us! We know what you did and we're not going to go easy on Lucy. Any day that your not here. She'll get a new scar to her collection."

-Red Jokers

"Lucy!"

Hey! Sorry for the kind of cliff hanger. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading this!