Chapter 5

The Next Day

Lauren

Its Saturday morning and I cooked breakfast for Mom and Kia before I head back home... Funny how Derrick hasn't called me not one time since I left the house..

I helped Mama to the dining table...

" Kia, breakfast is ready. Get in here!" I said.

She ran in and smiled, " Good Morning MawMaw." she said giving Mama a kiss and kissed my cheel, "Morning TeeTee."

" Good Morning sweetie," Mama said.

" Morning. Why are you so happy this morning?" I asked suspiciously.

" Because God woke me up this morning, aren't you supposed to be happy about that?" she asked, smiling.

" Of course you are," Mama said smiling.

" Exactly, Grandma gets me." she said.

" Sure, she does, but I'm about to head back home," I said grabbing my purse.

" Alright," Mama said sighing.

" What's wrong?" I asked.

" Nothing, baby."

I nodded and kissed her, " I love you Mama."

" I love you to Lauren," she said.

" You be good." I said to Kia, while blowing her a kiss.

I walked outside to my car, " Wait Auntie!"

I saw Kia running to my car, " Wassup?"

" I was wondering," she said.

I sat back and sighed, " Yeah?" Already knowing what was coming next.

" Neah has a party tonight and everyone is going to be there and I was wondering if I could go?" she said with pleading eyes.

" I'm not sure, leaving Mama here all by herself, and how do I know if you'll be back home before your curfew. I already told you I don't want you to be around those fast ass lil girls and you know I don't like you to be around Neah."

" Auntie, she's not that bad, besides I asked Mamaw and she said, " Yea."

" Fine, but you better be home before 10 and I mean it. I will send Amaya to come get you okay?"

She nodded and kissed my cheek, " Thanks Auntie."

I smiled and pulled out the driveway and made my way back home. Once I arrived, I made my way out of the car and unlocked the front door. Then I walked in to see, drugs all over my kitchen table and counters, people counting money everywhere, and thots, a bunch of thots.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, " Derrick!"

He soon walked up to me, coming from the kitchen, " What is this?"

" I told you, they'd be coming here," he said.

" No. You mentioned it. This is my house as well, you ask me when you wanna do shit in my house as well, Derrick." I said, walking upstairs, " Amaya! I'll need for you to pick Kia for me tonight, okay?"

" Alright!" she said.

Derrick

Amaya walked up to me, " You didn't ask her about this. I thought she knew."

" Well she didn't know, she'll be okay. Go pick up my package from Rio." I said.

" Whatever," she said rolling her eyes, grabbing my car keys.