Chapter 30

Lauren

The policemen walked up to Quincy and I began to grow worried.

"Officer Brown, do you know a man named Derrick Williams, we had a search warrant to search his car," the officer said.

"Well yeah, that's my girl's ex-husband, what y'all got a search warrant for?" He asked.

"For real, I ain't do shi," Derrick walked up and said. They instantly went for their guns.

"Y'all chill," Q said, "He just asking a question, but where's that warrant?"

The officer gave Quincy the warrant, honestly I felt like Q isn't on duty so he shouldn't be dealing wit this.

"Aye, Ima need for you to go open ya trunk. Apparently they've been building up a case against you and have enough information for this warrant," Quincy said, turning to Derrick.

I shook my head, "This a damn shame." I said to myself. Derrick opened his trunk and I couldn't see what was in it, but the officers instantly pulled out their guns, "You're under arrest, anything you say can be held against you.." they said reading him, his rights.

Derrick was lost, "I don't even know how that got there! I swear!" He yelled as they shoved him in the cop car.

I couldn't help but notice that Quincy smirked before walking back over to Kiaa and I.

"So about that appointment eh?" Kiaa asked.

"Yeah let's go see about little new one!" Quincy said, as we walked back to the car. Best believe I will be asking his ass if he had anything to do with this...

********************

"So Auntie!" Kiaa exclaimed as she took a sip of her pink lemonade that she just ordered from Texas Roadhouse.

"Yes Kiaa!" I rolled my eyes.

"So I was talking to Uncle Q you know," she cheesed.

I cheesed back, and nodded my head, "And What?" I said taking a bit of my bread.

"I want you guys to adopt the baby..." she said. My heart nearly dropped.

"You what?" I asked, as some of the bread almost fell out my mouth.

"Well she said--" Quincy said, as he laughed.

"I heard what she said! You're serious Kiaa, I mean I know I was hard on you--" I babbled.

"No seriously, you of all people deserve to be happy. I mean I just feel like this is my best option, you raised me !"

"And look how that turned out," Quincy said jokingly.

I punched him in the arm, "Nigga!"

"I'm just kidding, but I agree with her. Snooks, you'd be an awesome mother," he looked at me and smiled.

I smiled and looked back at Kiaa, "Are you sure? I can help you raise--."

"Just agree already!" She exclaimed.

I immediately started to cry, "I just wasn't expecting this--"