Chapter 17

Lauren
It was the day of Amaya and I Grand Opening for our clothing store, Classic Curves with our main slogan, " I Budget Hxe.😋✨"

Today was going to be a good day.. or at least I think so. It was almost that time and I still wasn't dressed or nun.

" Toya, where's my outfit? I need to start getting ready."

" I have it Lau, calm down damn."

" It's my event, everything must go right," I snapped, rolling my eyes.

" Well be that way," she said, handing me my clothes.

" Mane whatever," I said.

Kia walked in, all dressed up.

" Ah nah, go change." I said.

" What you talking bout? This looks nice Auntie!" She said, smiling.

" It's too revealing. They gon have grown ass men there. Take it off or don't come," I said.

" Oh my gosh!" She said, stomping back.

" You know, you should cut her a little bit of slack you know?" Mama said.

" Ma, you know what happens when you cut girls "slack" around here, they get pregnant, and who gets left to take care of the baby?" I asked.

She stayed quiet.

" Exactly," I said fixing my top.

************************

" Well bout time! You late to yo own damn event!" Maya said.

" Kia ass!" I said.

" Anyways, lets go in! You look fabulous though my babeh!" She said.

" Thanks Boo, Toya picked it out. You look stunning too!"

Maya rolled her eyes, " Thanks."

" Come on , she ain't that bad."

" She sneaky Lau. I'm telling you. Just because you been knowing the bitch don't mean she won't bite you in the ass." Maya said walking in.

Immediately as we walked in, all eyes were on us, but one person stood out the most. Quincy, he actually came after all of that nonsense.

" Y'all look amazing!" Someone yelled

" Aye keep ya eyes off my lady!" Derrick joked, walking up to me, "Bae, you look beautiful. Yo ugly ass look pretty too Maya."

" Fuck you!" She said, " I know I'm beautiful."

Everyone laughed. It's funny because Derrick and I haven't even been sleeping in the same bed, yet he acts as if everything is cool.

I got of his arms, and started to walk over to the bar.

" Bae, where you going?" He asked with puppy dog eyes.

The hell? " Get a drink, I'm coming back," I said.

I walked over and Q was getting a drink as well.. He looked at me and we just stared at another for lil while.

" You and Maya did y'all thing. The store looks amazing." He said as he pat my shoulder.

" Thanks Q." I said.

He nodded and proceeded to walk away.

" Quincy?" I called.

He turned around, " Thank you for coming, I really appreciate it."

" Even though, you keep making the same dumb ass choice over and over doesn't meant I'm going to stop supporting you Babygirl," he said walking away.

I sighed and walked back to where everyone was, well the majority em.

" My baby, Melanin popping, but she showing a lil bit too much," Derrick said.

" Boy shut up, she looks stunning. You just mad you ain't getting any of those TaTas any soon!" Amaya said sticking her tongue out.

" And that my friend is why no nigga around he wants yo ass," Derrick said.

" Cut it out," I said, as I sat next to Derrick.

He pulled me closer to him, " You just get here and you go over to the bar and speak to him. Huh, I gotchu," he said.

I pushed him away, " Please."

Toya sat across from me and she seemed extremely too quiet.

" What's wrong T? I know you're still not mad from earlier," I said.

" No it's just I'm not feeling very well," she said.

Then I felt buzzing against my thigh, " Yo phone ringing." I told Derrick.

" I'll check it later," he said.

Maya looked at me, " It's time."

" We'll be back." I told everyone.

Maya and I walked up to the front, " Can I have y'all undivided attention?" Maya yelled.

Everyone looked, " All I have to say is Thank all of you for coming out and supporting Lauren and I's dream. Now I'll give ha the flo' cause I'm shy," Maya said.

" Now why ya lying!" Quincy yelled.

Everyone laughed.

" Thank you for that," I giggled, "Amaya and I have always dreamed of opening up our own boutique and not just any boutique, a boutique for the ones with curves! Shid we all have em!"

Derrick

I finally decided to check my phone and it was a text from Tip, saying, " I told you to have my money! 😈 Have run rebuilding, sucka!"

Tf?

Soon after I read the text, somebody ran in yelling, " Derrick and Lauren, someone just did a drive by at your house!"

" What the hell? My mother was there!" Lauren yelled as she dropped the mic.

~Shae❤️