Chapter 12

• One Week Later

Lauren
So my test results should be coming in today but right now, I'm taking my mother out the house so we could help Kia pick out her Homecoming dress... As well as, inviting Toya, since she says she has something I want to hear.

We went to David's Bridal in Baton Rouge. Toya was already here, waiting for us outside.

" Hey Mama!" she said, hugging my mom.

" Hi Latoya," she said bluntly, sitting down.

" Well.. Hey beautiful, going to homecoming eh?" she smiled, hugging Kia.

" Yes," Kia giggled.

" Hmm," I said, " You go look for something you'd like, I'll be right over."

" Okay Auntie!" Kia said.

" Hey Boo," she said, kissing my cheek.

" Hey Toya," I said.

" Wassup?" she asked.

" What do you mean?" I asked.

" You sound tired, " she said.

" I'm just not feeling good that's all, but I promised Kia that I'd take her shopping today," I said.

" Hmm, you probably pregnant, you know what they say after you have a miscarriage," she said.

" I highly doubt it," I said sitting next to my mom, whom was on her phone playing them slots games.

" Shid, you better not be pregnant for that filthy dog," she said.

I laughed, " Mama!"

She shrugged, " It's only the truth,"

We all laughed and that's when Kia came back with some dresses, " Auntie?"

I looked at some of the dresses, " Their beautiful Kia, go try them on and show us how they look,"

The employee, " Right this way honey."

" She's growing up so fast, her mom would be so proud of her," my mom said.

I nodded, " She's not our little baby any more Mama," I said.

" Right," Mama said holding my hand, " You did an amazing job raising her."

" I couldn't have done it without you Mama," I smiled.

Then Toya gasped, "Kiana!"

I turned and there she was, " Oh my! You look stunning!"

" You like this one Mamaw?" she asked.

"I like it but...I don't love it Kia," she said.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After trying on like 8 differ dresses, Kia finally picked out her homecoming dress. I paid for it and Toya and I went to her car after I helped Mama in the car.

She pulled her phone and went to Voice Memo... Okay?

" Girl what's this?" I laughed.

" Tea... Just listen,"

So why am I here... not to be rude?" I asked.

" I ain't cutting any corners.. I know you only using Quincy for his money," Toya said.

" N.. Yes, but really is that why I'm here?" she asked.

I gasped, " Bh!"

" Right.."

" Well are you going to tell Quincy?" I asked.

" Maybe you should," she suggested.

" Guh' that ain't none of my concern, I have nothing to do what that," I said.

" Well I'll decide what I want to do with it," she said.

" Well I have to go...we'll see you later," I said.

Derrick

" Derrick is Lauren in yet?" I asked.

" Nah..." I said rubbing my head.

" What's wrong? Please tell this ain't that shit with Tip again," she said.

" Yes ... He talking bout I better have his money or else. We've been making money but these cops been on our asses lately, especially Quincy," I said.

" All I tell you is that you better give that man his money. Tip is not of them men you play with.. He's your distributor, he wants his cut.. Simple," she said.

I just looked at her, " Mane whatever, I gotta go meet somebody."

" Who?" She asked.

" I don't pay you to question me, now I gotta go," I said grabbing my coat and walking out.

" Whatever," she said.

And with that. I went bout my business and met "someone".

Quincy

" Damn baby!" I groaned.

Keira chuckled and put all of my you know what in her mouth. She deep throated. That ish felt some good😫💦.

Then the doorbell rang ...

I pushed her off, " Lemme go check and see who this is?"

She hit her head, " Fuck, Quincy!"

" My bad," I laughed , grabbing my robe .

I wrapped it around me as I hurried downstairs to see who the hell interrupting.

I opened the door and I saw Lauren.

" Lauren?" I asked.

She turned around and you can tell she's been crying.

" M-mmmy results," she said on the verge of crying even more.

" What about them?" I asked.

" Quincy... I'm infertile," she cried.

•••••••••••••••••••••

~Quality ❤️