Chapter 11

Lauren

" Hey, where's Derrick?" I asked as I walked into the house.

" He's in his office," King said on the couch with his feet on my table.

" King, I ain't gon tell you again. GET yo feet off my table!" I yelled at him.

He jumped and put his feet on the floor, " Thank you!" I said as I ran upstairs to Derrick's office.

Before opening the door, I heard him yelling. " Don't fuck with me!" I knocked and opened the door. Soon as he looked up, he hung up the phone.

" Love, who was that?" I asked.

" Who's who?" He asked.

" Exactly, who were you talking to?" I asked, getting frustrated.

" Nobody, Lauren damn. What do you want? I have shit to get to," he said.

" Well damn, if I can't come to you when I really need you, what I need you fah?" I rolled my eyes standing up.

He sighed, " Babe, I'm sorry."

" Yeah, alright. I'll just go on my own," I said, grabbing my purse and leaving. The

••••••••••••••••

Quincy

"Hey babe, where you going?" I said, walking in to my house to see Keira dressed.

" I'm going to meet Toya," I smiled.

" What?" I asked laughing.

" Yeah.. She invited me to dinner, so that's exactly where I'm headed," she said.

" Well alright," I said as she kissed my cheek goodbye.

After she left, I fixed myself a sandwich, I grabbed a beer and called it a day... Until. My phone started to ring.

I answered it without looking at the caller id.

" Q hea'," I said, as I stuffed my face.

" Quincy," someone said.

I jumped up and swallowed my food, " Lauren? You're the last person I expected to hear from."

" Yea, you're the last person I expected to call, but here we are. I need you to come with me to Dr. Claymore's office ... if you're not busy," she said.

I jumped up, " I'm on my way!"

I ran upstairs just changed into something more casual than a work uniform. The headed to the doctor's office.

Pulling in, I saw Lauren standing by the door, looking at her watch all anxious and what not

Pulling in, I saw Lauren standing by the door, looking at her watch all anxious and what not. I parked and headed over to her.