Chapter 23

* Days Later ...

Lauren

My alarm went off and I hit it, sitting up. I was still living in the hotel so I had to get up early to drive Kiaa to school. Quincy stayed over here and there.

He wrapped his arms around my waist as he groaned, " Don't leave me, it's cold without you here?"

" Bae, you know I have to bring Kiaa to school, but I'll be back," I said .

" Alright fine," he pouted.

I chuckled and pecked his lips before running to the bathroom.. I  did my daily routine and put on a pair of jeans with a top, something simple. It was already after 7, so I walked into the next room which was Kaia's room.

" Are you ready?" I asked.

She grabbed her bag, " Yes?"

" Why are you wearing that big ass coat, it isn't that cold out there?" I asked laughing.

" Auntie it's cold outside, just because you aren't cold doesn't mean I'm not," she said laughing.

" Whatever lets go," I said, before walking out.

We made it to her school in less than 20 minutes, " Have a nice day!" I said as she got out.

" I'll try," she said.

I laughed, " Love you!"

" Love you too," she laughed before getting closing the door.

She ran up to her lil friend, Robert and Neah and her lil friend, "Damn my baby is growing up." I said as I pulled off.

I pulled up to the court house and seen my lawyer, standing at the front waiting for me. I grabbed my purse and placed the papers inside.

" Here goes nothing," I said, getting out.

I walked up to the front door, "GoodMorning Mr. Robinson," I said as I hugged him.

" Morning, Lauren," he said, "how are you?"

" I'm doing fine... better," I nodded.

" That's good, now are you sure you're ready for this?"

" Been, "

" Well I have him waiting for us, so we can go in,"

I nodded and walked in, the officer chauffeured me to wherever the room was.

" Thank you," I said, walking in.

Derrick stood up, opening his arms, " I knew you couldn't stay away."

" Please, sit down, so I can make this quick," I rolled my eyes..

"Oh, so that's how it is," he nodded as he sat down, "then why the hell are you here?"

" To bail you out--"

" See, only a real--"

" You didn't let me finish, Derrick I'm only bailing you out if you sign these divorce papers," I said, taking them out.

" Are you serious?" He asked, looking at the papers.

" I'm as serious as a heart attack," I said.

" Lauren, we can work through this, we can--"

" Do you want to rot in hea?" I chuckled, "cause I'm going to be with Q regardless we're married or not."

" You have a pen?" He asked.

I handed him the pen, " Nice doing business with you."

He finished signing them, " Oh and for the record I don't want anything from you, you can have whatever you brought into this marriage... ya drug money." I said, getting up.

" You'll be running back," he chuckled.

" Yeah, I bet," I rolled my eyes, closing the door.

" Everything went smoothly? He doesn't need to go over anything?" Mr. Robinson asked.

" No sir, I really appreciate you coming here," I said.

" Anytime, hun."

After that, I went bail him out or whatever then went about my day.

Kiaa

" Robert?" I asked, as we were walking to the cafeteria for lunch.

" What's up babe?" He smiled.

" I need to talk to you, like now.." I said.

" Like now? Cause a nigga really hungry ma.."

" Robert!"

" Ugh, okay!" He complained.

We went to our spot, " Okay, now what?"

I grabbed ultrasound pictures from my bag and handed this to him, " What's this?" He asked.

" Ultra--"

" I know what it is, but why the hell does it say your name and all this other shii!" He yelled.

" I'm pregnant, you idiot!"

" I'm the idiot? I used protection!"

" Obviously it broke because now look what happen!"

He threw the papers down and rubbed the back of his neck, " Nah bruh, I can't be no daddy right now!"

" Fuck you mean?!"

" What the hell I just said, I can't be no daddy!"

" It takes two to have sex, it takes two to create a baby, so yeah nigga you are!"

" Fuck you and that baby too!" He yelled, storming out..

That broke my heart, I mean I thought he loved me, now what the hell am I supposed to do?

Quincy

I walked into the station and clocked in, " What's up guys?"

" Nothing much brother," Kyle said dapping me off.

" Ya ole' lady just left from here not too long ago," Richard said, putting his badge on.

" Who, Lauren?"

" Well nigga, who else is ya ole lady?" They chuckled.

" No, not like that. I mean why was she here? She knew my shift didn't start that early," I said.

" She came bail her dude out," Richard chuckled under his breath.

" She what?"

" Her husband, she bailed them out.."

I slammed my locker and walked outside... she told me she wasn't going to do it.

" Aww bruh, I ain't know, you didn't know," Richard yelled as I walked outside.