Chapter 31

Lauren

I didn't bother to help him with a damn thing out the car. I remained to myself, hell I even forgot to call Kiaa to see if she wanted me to come get her, but ole well.

"Lauren you got something on your mind?" Quincy asked.

"I'm not sure, do I?" I asked.

"Okay... did I do anything wrong?" He asked again.

"I don't know, did you?" I asked as I tied my apron around my waist, which I always had a problem with, due to my short arms.

He chuckled and walked up to me and helped me tie it, "I don't need your help Q!" I shouted.

"Okay. What the hell is your problem? You've been having an attitude every since we left the grocery store. Answering my questions with questions. Who the hell does that?" He asked, as he clenched his jaw.

"Whatever bruh," I said, taking the apron off, going into the living room.

" Lauren, I'm talking to you," he said, pulling my arm, whereas I was now looking at him. I stared into his eyes, and all I could see was the man of my dreams, the man I've always wanted Derrick to be.

I couldn't imagine Q out here making me look an ass, when we fought for this shit for way too long. I wanted a fresh start, new beginnings, a new outlook on life, but definitely not with him having an entire different family.

The doorbell rang, "Answer the door."

"Nah, whoever it is can wait," he shrugged off.

"Quincy answer the door," I said as I slipped outta his pull.

He scoffed and walked to the front door and I swear I could've seen the light. I know the devil is a liar.

"Surprise, surprise!"

It was Destiny, I was so lost for words.

"What the hell are you doing here girl?" I heard him say under his breath.

The front door was in the living room, so I just watched everything continue to play out. Then they just started mumbling shit and I couldn't hear, but just watching this play out hurt my heart.

"I didn't tell you head here, when I know indeed, Lauren was gon be here," he said.

I jumped up and walked to the door, "What the hell, so you've been messing over me too?" I said as my voice began to crack.

He grabbed my hand, but I slapped them away, "You must take me for some fool, Quincy! How could I be so fucking stupid, believing all this bullshit? You and me actually having a being together?"

Destiny chuckled as she continued to pop on that damn gum, which was working on her side of the court, "And can you stop popping that damn gum fuck!"

She seemed a little taken back, but I didn't give a fuck. I looked back at Quincy, "So you'd really think I'd cheat on you?"

"As serious as an heart attack," I nodded.

He chuckled, "Ha, so just because a female calling my phone and what not. You're going to jump into conclusions and assume that I cheated on you."

"Then what else is she calling you for huh? She's a whore, known for sleeping with every nigga up and down these streets,"

"B-... I can't argue with you on that one," Destiny shrugged," but look I need to talk to you about something on a serious note and then I'll leave you to finish this lil situation right here."

Destiny handed him a paper, well more like papers and I wanted to see so I started getting on my tippy toes to see what the hell was on the papers, but Quincy stepped back.

"You playing right?"

"Nahh, she's all yours, I can't do it anymore, all she keeps screaming is "Daddy this, Daddy that," Destiny said mocking someone.

Who the hell is she?

"So someone's calling you Daddy now?" I said, growing more and more infuriated.

He was about to answer when I heard a huge scream running from Destiny's car, "Daddy!"

"Hey Pumpkin!" He exclaimed as she jumped into his arms. It was a littler

"I've missed you so much! Like oh so much! Mommy and I were just about to go to her job and..."

He hit Destiny with that death stare," Look I told you, I couldn't do it anymore. I have many more priorities, bye!" She said, waving goodbye.

"Where's she going?" The little girl asked.

Quincy walked inside to the kitchen,"Nice home! Is it ours?"

"If you want it to be Pumpkin," he said.

I was in complete awe, I closed the front door behind me, "Who's she?"

Quincy looked at me, "That's Lauren, you're stepmother...sadly." He said as his eyes met mine. I soon felt like the bad person of this all.

She jumped down outta his arms and ran up to me and hugged my knees, "Hi, nice to meet you! Daddy says it's nice to greet new people that way, but I'm Jolene and I am 6 years old."

~Shae

~Shae

Sadly this joint has come to an end, I hoped you all enjoyed.

This story could've easily been different but ehh! I lost all my great ideas for it, but hell its done!

Much love ❤️ to you all!