Chapter 7

(First off I would like to thank all of my readers for getting me to 1K after only about 1 week like, if it wasn't for you guys. I would've deleted this book, again. Thank you !)

Kia

I obeyed my auntie for the better, so Neah did cast auditions without me, since she did take my phone. She's so old school, I swear.

I was laying down writing for my Midterm coming up in English. Then I hear a knock on my room door. I lowered my music down.

" You can come in MawMaw," I said.

" Girl I am not my Mother," she laughed.

" My bad. Hey Auntie," I said.

She smiled, " Hey Kia. What are you doing?"

"Writing a paper," I said.

She nodded," So how does it feel without electronics for the week, so far?"

" Awful."

She laughed, " Here. And no I didn't go through any of your stuff even though I can, I trust you. I just want the best for you. I mean look at you, graduating a year earlier, you have so much going on for yourself." She said, giving me my electronics back.

I smiled and hugged her, " I love you and I will make you proud."

She smiled, " I love you, too. But get back to that paper, before I start crying."

" Lawd," I said.

I turned my phone on after Auntie walked out the room and I hella' notifications. Neah's text stuck out the most..

Neah: K, I'm pregnant...

The hell?

Lauren

" So I was thinking how about you and ya' ole' man have dinner over here tonight, Kia can even bring over her lil' friend," Mama said, as I walked in the living room.

" I like that," I smiled, " you're really growing onto D, eh?" I asked.

" Ehh, I just figured I should get to know him. He's the man you married after all, but we'll have this dinner under one condition," she said.

I sighed, " Like always."

She smirked, " You have to invite Quincy."

" Mother! You know Quincy and Derrick hate eachother," I said.

She smiled, " If you knew why, silly girl," she laughed, getting up.

Lately, she's been doing well. Better than before. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Derrick and Quincy..

" I'll be back. I need to go get dressed," I said.

" Alright and make sure you look decent too!"

********************************************

I made it home and no one else was there. Odd, but shid I'm happy.

"Derrick, I'm home," I yelled.

He came out of the kitchen, with a subway sandwich, " Dude did you get my text?"

" Nope," he took his phone out of his pocket, " my bad bae," he said after reading it.

" Whatever, just come on and get dressed. This was my mother's idea, so I'd expect you to try and get on her good side."

" Alright, alright damn,"

I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to get dressed. I didn't want to wear anything to fancy, so I picked out a skirt, a crop top, with some sandals.