Chapter 6

*The Next Morning*

Lauren

" Good Morning, Auntie. What am I doing here?" Kia asked, getting a water.

" Well after refusing to get in the car with Amaya. Rob, whom I' guessing is your boyfriend drove you over here like you requested.... And boy, were you drunk." I said, shaking my head.

" Auntie.." she said.

" Auntie, my ass. Kia, I trusted you. Are you trying to be an alcoholic like your mother, huh? Because that's exactly where you're heading. Letting a boy take you home after curfew. You're grounded." I said, shrugging.

" I can't be grounded, Neah and I have to host auditions for the cheerleading team!" she yelled.

Derrick walked in and looked, " What's up?"

" Miss thang here is clearly getting beside herself, so she's grounded." I said.

"Lauren, maybe(Gco)." he tried saying.

" Don't. " I walked over to the dining table to get my purse.

" Ugh!" Kia yelled, going to the guest room.

" Don't you think, you're being to hard on her..." he said.

" Nope. I watched my sister go down this same path. Parties, boys, now she's dead. I want better for Kia, but if she doesn't see that ole' well." I shrugged.

" Where you going?" he asked.

" Work,"

" I thought we agreed, that you wait a few months before getting back on your feet." he said.

" Derrick. I'm fine. I'm ready to start working again, besides I definitely don't want to be around drugs. Kia, come on here!"

I walked outside and seen a cop parked a few houses down from our house. I didn't think much of it, until I drove to my mother's and let Kia out and when I headed to work, he pulled me over.

" Why does he want to fuq' with me today?" I rolled my eyes.

He knocked on the window, I rolled it down.

" Yes, Officer?" I asked, aggravated.

" Hi M'am," he said smiling.

" Is there something on my face Officer?" I 😐, is he trying to flirt with me or what.

" License and registration please?" He asked.

I checked him, " What did I do?"

" Go 50 miles when the limit was 45, " he said.

I rolled my eyes, " Where's ya gun?"

" In the car,"

" Hmm," I said.

I leaned over to get my papers and purse. I pulled out my license and turned around facing the cop... He took his glasses off.

" Quincy?!" I asked.

He smiled, " Wassup Ma."

I growled at him, " I'm still married after all, so don't call me that. But why the hell did you pull me over and when did you become a cop?!" I asked surprised as hell.

" Ain't nothing wrong with playing the system, like the system plays you .. I still do me, but you of all people should know that I been wanting to be a cop." He said.

I nodded, " You had me mad as hell. Following me, and if Derrick knew that was you outside our house, he would have.." I said before getting cut off.

" He would've what Lauren?" He laughed, " Baby, I ain't scared of yo' boyfriend," he laughed.

I punched him, " Oww, after all I'm still a police officer, watch I arrest yo ass," he laughed.

" Do as you please Officer, do as you please," I smiled.

He smiled back and winked at me. I ain't gonna lie, ya' girl started blushing, but I couldn't let him see that.

" Alright, enough playing with you Q, I have to get to work," I said.

" See ya later, Rosy," he smiled, before tapping my car, walking away.

Shit. He noticed.

Quincy

I pulled up to my trap, which is underground , after getting a call from my brother, Justin.

I walked in and everyone started laughing, " Aww Bruh, this just will never get old!" Marcus laughed..

" Shut the hell up!" I said, "Whea' Justin em at?"

" Back," he said.

I walked to the back and saw Justin em, " Yo J, fuq' you called me fa'. I got business ta handle my brotha'," I said.

He walked up to me and dapped me, " Wassup bro. I had to call you it was urgent and I think you'd wanna handle this."

" Christian get in hea'!" he yelled.

" What the hell is he doing hea?" I asked, pissed off.

Christian walked out and smiled, " Hey Q," he said.

" Nah bro. I told you I don't want you around this bull," I said.

" Bro, look my girl pregnant, but she wants an abortion," he said.

" Oh my God," I said, sitting down. He's needed to be called on.

" Christian. I told you to wrap up, I gave you condoms and everything," I said.

" I know bro', but I need a job and like you used to say fast money is the best money," he said.

" Not anymore. This fast life won't get you anywhere, believe me," I said, " Pops and I are going to handle this. Go home and don't come back here."

He walked away and I just shook my head, " Damn. "

 "

( Christian & Justin *inserts Hella Heart Eyes