[36]

Draco's POV:

Draco was woken by voices the next day. He got out of bed, careful not to wake Harry.
He tiptoed down the stairs.

It was another meeting and Draco was confused. His parents, especially his father, normally forced him to attend and now they didn't seem to be bothered at all.

The voices inside were loud but not loud enough. He got a little closer to the big, dark door. Close enough to hear but still so far away that, if the door wad to open, he could quickly run back up to his room.

"My friends," it was the dark lord speaking. "This is our... my chance to finally kill Potter. We only have one person stopping us from doing it. Draco," he said.

Draco froze. They were talking about Harry and they knew that he was in the house. And they wanted to kill him.

"My lord, I think I have an idea," Bellatrix said. Draco could tell by her voice that she was smirking.

Sadly, he could not hear what she said next because she lowered her voice. But it was enough for him. He sprinted up the stairs and found Harry sitting in his bed, awake.

"What's going on, babe?" Harry asked, his voice still slightly raspy.

"We have to leave," Draco said quickly and started packing a bag.

Harry was immediately wide awake.
"What? Why? I thought you said it was safe-"

"Not anymore, Harry," Draco said. "He knows. He knows that you're staying here and he wants to kill you. He probably wants to kill me too because I'm helping you," Draco said and his eyes filled with tears.

"Draco, it's okay I'll go on my own-" he started but Draco cut him off.

"Don't you even dare say that, Harry. Voldemort is down there possibly plotting your death and you are not going anywhere on your own. I'm going to help you, end of story. Now do me a favour and start packing a bag just grab some clothes out of my wardrobe," Draco said harshly.

Harry was taken aback but obeyed because he knew that Draco was stressed and he was only doing this to help him.

When Harry wasn't looking, Draco wiped away the tears that had started to leak out of his eyes. He was glad that Harry hadn't seen.

"Draco, where are we going to stay?" Harry asked quietly.

Draco closed his trunk and lifted it off his bed.
"There's this house about an hour away from here. I found it when I was about ten. We can stay there," he said and looked up at Harry.

He saw Harry's worried face and smiled a little.
"Don't worry, baby, it's going to be okay. I'm going to keep you safe," he said and gave him a hug.

Harry buried his face in Draco's shirt and started sobbing.
"I'm just worried about you, Draco. You're doing this all for me, risking your life just so I'm safe and I've never done anything for you," he said quietly.

Draco kissed the top of his head.
"Look, I'm doing this because I love you. And you don't have to do anything in return, you understand?" He said kindly.

Harry nodded and looked up at Draco.
"Thank you"