[46]

Draco's POV:

Harry was still angry about what Draco had said.
Harry had been avoiding him for the past few days, probably thinking that all this was a bad decision. After all, his parents were Death Eaters. They were connected to Voldemort and spending time with Draco was probably dangerous for Harry and Draco didn't want to put Harry in danger, so he stayed away.

Little did Harry know, a lot had happened for Draco in those few days that he hadn't talked to him.
He had gotten a few letters from his fellow Death Eaters, worried letters from his mother and one letter from his aunt Bellatrix.
All of them said pretty much the same thing:
It was his job to kill Dumbledore and get the Death Eaters in the castle somehow.

Luckily, he had already worked out some kind of plan that might work.
He knew for a fact that tonight Harry would be going to whatever place it was that Voldemort had hidden one of his horcruxes. And Headmaster Dumbledore would be going with him.

Draco really wasn't fond of the way he had started to think about Dumbledore since he had found out he must kill him.
He was constantly plotting ways he could do it without using Avada Kedavra.

On the day he had avoided all people until nightfall. He let the Deatheaters into the castle through the vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirements.

Deep down in his heart, somewhere, he knew he shouldn't do it. He knew he should just resist, be brave for once in his life but the safety of his family was more important to him. And Voldemort would kill him and his family if he didn't do it.

The time had come and climbing the stairs to the astronomy tower took longer than ever. He had his wand in his hand already, his palms sweating.
He hoped that Harry wouldn't be there. He hoped Harry wouldn't have to watch as Draco killed Dumbledore. He hoped Harry would forgive him.

He heard voices when he was almost at the door to the top of the astronomy tower.
He saw Dumbledore standing there but he was alone.
This was the perfect moment so Draco started running. Before he knew it, he heard himself shout Expelliarmus.
Dumbledore was disarmed.

"Good evening Draco," Dumbledore's voice was calm. It made Draco even more nervous than he already was.
"Who else is here?" Draco was still sure he had heard voices just then. It must have been Harry but he was nowhere to be seen.
Dumbledore answered, his voice still calm. In fact, the whole time they were talking, Dumbledore remained so calm.
After he told him he had let Death Eaters into his school, he was calm.
For some reason it made Draco angry and he kept arguing with him.
He said things that he never even knew he was capable of saying.
There was a loud bang from downstairs. They were almost there.
If Dumbledore wasn't dead by the time they got there, they would label him as a coward just like they had done to his father.
Seconds later there were footsteps coming up the spiral staircase that led to the astronomy tower.
Draco had failed his mission.
"Now, Draco, quickly!" They were forcing him and all that wasn't helping.
'I don't want to do this,' was the only thing Draco could think about.
"Draco, do it, or stand aside so one of us-" Bellatrix was interrupted by none other than Professor Snape himself.
Snape had tried to help Draco these past few days but he had always denied. He didn't want anyone messing with his business, not even Snape.
The rest happened too fast.
"Severus..." it was the first time Draco had seen Dumbledore pleading.
Draco was roughly pushed aside and almost tripped.
Snape raised his wand at Dumbledore, not saying a word.
The rest happened almost as if time had been slowed down.
"Avada Kedavra," those were Snape's only words.
The green light hit Dumbledore in the chest and he fell...
Draco froze. He never thought Snape would actually do it.
But there was no time to think. Draco was dragged down the stairs, the other Death Eaters following.

All he wanted to do was leave. He prayed Harry hadn't seen any of it. The things he had said...
The rest of the Death Eaters put up a huge fight. Sending spells left, right and centre, practically wrecking the place.
Draco didn't feel like it. He didn't feel the same kind of victory that they did. All he wanted was to go home.

Snape was still dragging Draco out the castle. He saw the dark mark blazing in the sky as he looked up and almost threw up. All he wanted was to leave.
He saw Harry on their way out.
He didn't even look at him, all he did was shout accusations at Snape which Draco didn't listen to.

Finally, Harry looked over at Draco briefly. Their eyes met and Draco wanted to say something.
But he couldn't. Before he could even open his mouth Snape grabbed his arm firmly.
They disapparated.