Chapter Four

The sound of a blaring alarm causes Judi to grumble as she pushes herself out of the bed. At least she didn't have to worry about waking up someone else. She'd asked for a single dorm for a reason. She didn't want anyone to see her at her peak. When her bloodlust was raging her body. It's hard to keep control during those nights.

            Gritting her teeth, she pulls herself out of the bed. It takes most of her energy to just make that simple action.

            First class of the day; Econ 101. Great. Something to look forward to.

            Groaning, Judi finally makes it to her closet to pull on a pair of black jeans and caramel colored shirt. Grabbing her bag, she is off to the building Econ is apparently held.

            Her phone screen reflects upward that she only has five minutes to get there, so she sprints. Running causes no exertion of any kind on her body, so when she gets to the class it'll look like she wasn't in any rush.

            The doors to the building slam behind her body, and she takes a deep breath. Finding the room on the first floor, she enters it right as the time reads nine o'clock.

            "Good of you to join us Ms. Martinez." The teacher drones, his lips turned up in a smile. "Find a seat anywhere you'd like."

            A blush burns Judi's cheeks as she recognizes one of the girls from last night. Her blonde hair shimmers in the dim light, her green eyes seeming dull and uninterested in whatever lesson is about to take place. Taking a seat beside her slowly, Judi places her bag down on the floor. The girl glances at her lazily before back at the teacher.

            "This class is very boring, just a fair warning." Lynn whispers.

            "So you've taken it before?" Judi asks as she takes out her laptop from her bag. The teacher starts his lecture at that precise moment. She quickly types to try and keep up.

            "Nah, that's just what I heard. Also heard that it's pointless to take notes." The girl puts her feet up on the empty chair in front of her, giving Judi a smirk in the process. Judi gives her a strange look.

            "Why is it pointless?"

            "You've got to be kidding." She looks back at the teacher. "He never puts any of the stuff he lectures about on the test. Only information from the readings and textbooks go on there. Thank god we only have this class one day this week, right?" The girl laughs lightly under her breath as the teacher continues lecturing on and on in the front of the class.

            "What grade are you in?" Judi asks lightly, continuing to type away on her computer despite the blonde girl's warnings.

            "Reoccurring Freshman. You?"

            "Junior."

            "And you've never taken Econ?" The girl laughs.

            "Didn't know I had to until this year."

            "Wow." The girl continues to chuckle.

            "I'm Judi."

            "Lynn."

            "Glad we are a name to name basis now." Judi smiles lightly and Lynn gives her a long look.

            "Me too." Her smile is slight before she goes back to look at the professor. "He's kind of cute for a professor." She smirks.