Chapter Thirty-Two

Putting the finishing touches on her look, Sarafine surveys her work in the mirror. Her heart hammers in her throat as she looks at the time. 8:15pm. He's late.

            Sarafine's hair is pulled into a bun on the back of her head with a few wisps in front of her face. Her dress looks like something right out of a movie, looking as though she's a woodland fairy. The material is made to look like leaves, and is strapless. Sarafine tips her head to the side, trying to calm her breathing.

            Her first date. Maybe she'll finally get kissed for the first time.

            She licks her lips just thinking about it as she pulls the shimmering white fake wings off of her bed. Putting them on slowly, she pulls out her makeup. She doesn't know the first thing about, but does a quick sweep over her lids with green eyeshadow, and a little mascara...

            Good enough.

            Sarafine pulls on her flats she got just for the party, gold in color that have twin spirals up her legs to stop just under her knees. Sarafine admires them before someone knocks on her door. She quickly stands, racing over to open the door. A bouquet of lilies covers his face, and he slowly peaks out from behind them.

            She has to contain the gasp begging to escape her lips. He cleans up so nice. Without glasses, his eyes hold so much more color and his jawline is edged. His hair is wild, and Sarafine finds the sight refreshing.

            "You didn't have to get me more flowers..." Sarafine trails off with a laugh.

            "I did considering I was late." He smiles shyly, and she steps back to allow him to come into the dorm.

            "My roommate is already at the party so." Sarafine swallows thickly.

            He sets the flowers down on the bed, his eyes coming to rest on her face. "You don't have any glitter on your cheeks."

            Sarafine feels a smile crack against her lips. "Am I supposed to?"

            "Have you ever dressed up like a fairy before?" He laughs, going to where her makeup is strewn about. "Sit." He demands, pulling up something.

            "What are you...?"

            "Shush." He smiles down at her, and she closes her lips. "Close your eyes." His voice is deep as her eyes flutter shut.

            "Are you secretly gay?" Sarafine whispers as she feels the brush across her cheekbones.

            "No. I used to be an actor. I had to know how to do all the makeup." He laughs. "I'm definitely not gay."

            Sarafine feels her body tense as something sweeps over her eyelids.

            "Relax, I know what I'm doing." He teases, running a hand up her arm. Shivers break out along her skin as his steady hand presses something to her lips. "Okay," He whispers.

            Her eyes flutter open to reveal a whole new person. Sparkles glisten on her cheekbones, creating the illusion that a typical fairy might have. Her green eyes pop against her skin, and shell pink lips stare back at her. "Whoa." She breathes.

            "I take it you like it?" He laughs.

            "I love it!" Sarafine jumps up, hugging him.

            "You're missing something else." He says when she steps away. His fingers fly across her collar bone and she nearly stops breathing.