Chapter Thirteen

Party thumping loudly in her ears, Zelda realizes that the two girls with her are no longer in sight. Demetri stare is apparent on her face and she gives him a warm smile. He returns it, taking a sip out of a red cup. Zelda isn't sure what it is, but it smells of berries of some sort.

"Where did your friends go?" Demetri whispers in her ear, causing shivers to race down her spine.

"I could ask you the same. The twins are nowhere in sight." She smirks, and watches his hazel eyes dart towards the door. Zelda could feel his gaze return to her features and she gives him a small smile.

"How I didn't notice my friends missing and you did is beyond me." His tone is playful as he smirks.

"You had a distraction." Zelda bites her lips, but doesn't regret her words, "A distraction better than them."

Demetri reaches up and touches the side of her face gently. "How right you are."

Butterflies dance in her stomach as he begins to lean in. Before they can kiss again, however, a drunken girl lands on Zelda's lap. The girl caresses the side of Zelda's face, her eyes looking so unbelievably wasted. The girl giggles to herself before pushing up off of her lap. Her brown eyes land on Demetri, causing anger to flare in Zelda's stomach. The girl bats her eyes flirtatiously, and Demetri sighs. He looks back at Zelda, now ignoring the girl completely. "Want to go somewhere? My dorm is right next door."

Zelda feels a smile spread along her face. The other girl stumbles off to who knows where as Demetri takes Zelda's hand. Leading her out into the hallway, they leave the party behind.

            Demetri quickly unlocks the door to his dorm, allowing Zelda to walk in first. Inside is the same as their room, only with black couches instead of red. The two colors of the college. Demetri flips on the light, closing the door softly behind him. "Shall we?" He asks, directing Zelda towards the couch.

            Zelda lets him, her entire face warming. This boy made her feel...special. She couldn't explain the feeling oozing into her pores, wanting to be felt. Something about him drew her in and she really didn't want to fight it.

            Demetri glances at the TV. "You want to watch something?"

            "Sure." Zelda looks towards his movies, "Anything in particular you'd like to watch?" She asks right as his hand comes down to latch on her waist.

            She turns to look at him, seeing his gaze focus in on her, "Zelda."

            "Demetri,"

            He runs his fingers through her hair, and she could practically smell the beer on his breath. "You're...so pure. So innocent..." He trails off, his hazel eyes capturing hers again. "I don't want to ruin you with my darkness." He cups her face, and she feels her breathing nearly stop at the proximity. "You'd never believe a word I said if I told you the truth."

            "I don't..." Zelda trails off, "Demetri?"

            "There's too much that I need to say." He sits back, running a hand through his hair. "But I can't."

            "You're confusing me."

            Demetri's gaze is on the ceiling. "Can we forget I brought it up?"

            "Sure..."

            "What movie do you want to watch?" He asks, sitting forward. Zelda watches him move, a frown apparent on her face.

            "Any. I don't really care."

            Demetri sighs deeply before putting one in that ends up being The Princess Bride. Zelda feels it as Demetri's arm snakes around her waist. She doesn't mind as she nuzzles against his shoulder, his body tensing for only a moment before relaxing completely.