Chapter 8: It's not what you think

I look at Minsoo who is still shirtless.

My look shifts back to Sehun and Jihoon and their shocked shocked expression.

Then back to my situation.

In a bed. With a guy. A shirtless guy.

I widen my eyes.

Before I could say anything, Sehun quickly leaves.

I get up and run after him. I can hear Minsoo calling me but at this moment I don't care.

I pass in front of surprised Exo members, but I don't pay attention to them and still follow Sehun.

I finally catch him in the corridor outside our dorm.

"It's not what you think!" I shout a bit to loud.

He stops and turns to me.

"It's not?" He asks not really convinced.

"Not at all. I was scared. We watched your comeback. Then a horror movie. I hate them. I was so scared. I couldn't sleep. I was afraid I would get killed. I went to his room to be able to sleep. It was warm so he was shirtless. We didn't do anything. It's a misunderstanding. I'm so sorry." I say quickly and my sentences don't really make sense but he seems to have understood most of it.

He slowly nods "So you didn't do anything, you aren't together?" He asks hesitantly.

"Not at all, it was just the circumstances that led to this situation" I explain a bit nervous that he would blame me and never talk to me again.

Okay maybe I'm exaggerating but I'm really worried right now.

He hesitantly smile. "Okay, it's cool"

I sigh, relieved.

"Wait, why were you so pissed about me sleeping in the same bed as Minsoo?" I ask curiously.

He scratch his head, embarrassed.

"Ah-- I don't really know, it just kinda happened..."

He looks at me anxiously but I accept his explanation.

"Oh! By the way: Happy Birthday!" He wishes me with a big smile "I'm the first one to tell you right?"

"Haha thank you, I actually forgot it was my birthday today, and yes you're the first"

He smiled happily and satisfied and we go back inside. The members are a bit confused by what happened but they quickly forget it and wishe me a happy birthday.

"Why did you all come here so early?" I giggle as I'm drowned in hugs from everyone.

"We wanted to make you a surprise, and it's not the only one" Baekhyun confesses, his arm around my shoulder.

"But for now we need to get going at Inkigayo" Minsoo announces, he seems a bit annoyed but right now I don't have time to worry about it.

Even though it's my birthday we still have our busy schedule,but I don't mind working. Because I love my job and to spend the day with my friends is an amazing way to spend your birthday. 

We leave for Inkigayo in a happy mess and when we arrive we are directly guided to the makeup space. I put my stage outfit  on and some staff comes by me and wishes me a happy birthday. I thank all of them, surprised and happy that they know about it.

When it's our turn to go on stage, the fans scream and I'm fully happy to be here on my 20th birthday. 

We perform and the fans are more energic than ever, singing loudly the fanchant. I give a 100% for the performance and we go off the stage again. Then it's the time for the award ceremony.