Chapter 15: Hangover and new start

Next morning I wake up with a terrible headache.

I groan slightly in pain and try to reach my head with my hand but someone is tightly wrapped around me, not letting me move properly.

Sehun. 

It's Sehun! 

All this was just a nightmare, a terrible nightmare.

But when I look up at the face of the man holding me, it's not Sehun.

It's Minsoo.

I feel like someone is crushing my heart, turning it into dust.

I gulp difficultly and try to hold back the tears.

So all of this was true.

He left me.

I look back at Minsoo and I regret so much that I can't love him.

I remember vaguely what I told him last night and I feel so bad. I hurt him.

Again.

I sigh deeply, still trying not to burst out in tears and manage by some miracle to get out of the bed without waking up the young man.

I quickly go to the bathroom to take a shower.

I need to clean myself but also my thoughts.

I notice after a moment that the water on my face doesn't only come from the shower.

I'm crying. Again. I try to stop but I can't and I just sob under the hot water. 

I don't know if I'll ever be able to get pass this awful hole in my heart.

I just didn't see it coming. 

But he left me to protect me.

How stupid is he?! 

I try to calm myself. It's not gonna help to be pissed at him or cry, in any ways.

I have a job and I need to keep going even if all I want to do know is hide under my blanket and wait for the world's end. 

But I can't so I get out of the shower and prepare myself for the day.

I take a deep breath and look at myself in the mirror.

"You can do it!" I try to cheer myself, but it's not working so well.

I sigh and just go back to the bedroom.

Minsoo is up and getting dressed.

We look at each other awkwardly, not sure what to say after the scene I did last night.

"I...I'm sorry" I apologize.

"It's okay." He smiles kindly at me and with that I know there is nothing more to say.

"Let's go eat breakfast." He offers and I gladly follow him downstairs in the living room where all the members are eating.

"Finally!" Songjun exclaims. "We were about to wake you up, we have to leave soon to practice for the MV."

I smile, happy to be back to normal and I grab some food before I sit down and start eating.

"Won't Sehun be angry if he finds out you two slept in the same bed?" Dongjae teases me.

I feel a knot in my throat and the tears are at the break of falling.

"Don't bother her, now let's go we are already late." Minsoo quickly comes at my rescue and scolds the members.